Back to Utah

Lil_Fish

I received the opportunity to move back to Utah. Idaho has been good to me and I will miss it but moving closer to family is important. I have been gone for 4 years and can't wait to enjoy the places I use to hunt and fish again. With me moving to a different location than the Front it will be pleasant and not hectic.

Good for you! May do the same one day soon and use all those points I’ve been buying!

Buy your lifetime hunting license in Idaho before you move back! You'll make up for it in two years of buying a license as a non-resident.
The problem is that you have to fill out a questionnaire and it asks if you are moving out of state. I wouldn't be able to truthfully answer that question and honesty is a big deal to me. I would be dishonest if I told you it hasn't crossed my mind.

Buy your lifetime hunting license in Idaho before you move back! You'll make up for it in two years of buying a license as a non-resident.
Daxter is right - get the lifetime license. I didn't buy one before I moved and for the past 30 years I kick myself in the ass every year at about this time. Is it not valid if you know you're relocating?

The problem is that you have to fill out a questionnaire and it asks if you are moving out of state. I wouldn't be able to truthfully answer that question and honesty is a big deal to me. I would be dishonest if I told you it hasn't crossed my mind.
Sorry but I don’t follow what you’re saying are you moving out or not. Or are you planning on keeping a residency in Idaho and also claiming it in Utah?

It doesn't matter that you are moving out. It gives you the license, but you still have to pay NR prices for tags in the future. What it does do for you is relieves you of the 10% NR cap on tags in drawings!!! Worth it for that right there. I have a half dozen friends who have moved with their jobs, and still hunt Idaho every year.

House prices in Boise are insane right now. Kids sold their house on the uppity North side for 150K over asking!!! Nuts.

Sorry but I don’t follow what you’re saying are you moving out or not. Or are you planning on keeping a residency in Idaho and also claiming it in Utah?
When you get a lifetime license you have to fill out a questionnaire, on that questionnaire it asks you if you are moving out of the state. If you mark yes they will not allow you to buy the lifetime license. For this hunting season I will be hunting Idaho as a resident and Utah as a non-resident. I put in for the hunts in Utah as a non-resident already and have purchased my tags for Idaho as a resident. You can not buy resident tags or licenses in Utah unless you have been there for 6 months.

I’m sure Idaho’s housing market is nuts too but it’s like nothing I’ve ever seen along the front right now.
Thank God I am not buying on the front. I don't think I could afford it. My brother is a realtor in Utah County and it has been nuts. People are asking $20000 over asking price.

You can bet those buyers are from CA. that dumped their homes in CA. for 500 thousand or more and will drive up the price to where locals will not be able to buy a home. Get two persons from CA. bidding on the same house and the price goes sky high.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom