Backdoor Sheep and Goat

Can't wait to see that I didn't draw...
4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

OK I admit that I've checked the back door several times already this week hoping.

So if b2h and cb aren't going to draw - are my odds getting better?

Not all who wander are lost!

Got to think positive. I know i am going to draw both my sheep and goat tags. I check everyday lol.

When did the backdoor post last year? I know refunds were in the mail the first week of May last year, so the drawing has to be close.

What is the back door way to find out? Sorry to be asking. They (CDOW) called me about my Habitat stamp and said I needed to fix it by the 20th, this kind of tells me the draw could have been that day. Just a thought. Thanks

I believe you can log into your account and check your preference points. If your point totals are different than they were prior to the draw then the draw has taken place. One more point equals no tag, zero points equals lucky you.

I hope I have answered your question and am correct with my info.

Nope, on the backdoor go in like you are buying a habitat stamp. Look on the bottom of the page at the already on file section. You will see big horn sheep app and if you drew it will say big horn under it with a 500 series number, if you didn't draw then it will just say bighorn sheep app. Hopefully that was clear as mud.

Thank you for this information. I tried the Habitat approach, and got to the page where it listed my current applications for Deer, Elk and Pronghorn, all done online, but not my application for Bighorn Sheep, done by mail. Is it possible that Colorado has not yet processed all mail-in applications? Or does this mean that the "back door" only works for Residents who can apply for Bighorn Sheep online? My check for Bighorn Sheep has been cashed!

HT- An application sent by mail will never appear in the "Products On File" list. But if you're successful in the draw, your tag will show up in that list.

You can now check for goat and sheep. I just check my pp and I have 1 extra in weighted pp for both goat and sheep. I tried the back door method and it does not show yet.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-12 AT 07:09PM (MST)[p]I just checked my points...and I have 0+0 for mountain goat for 2012...and 3+12 for sheep for 2012

So, I assume I may have drawn a goat tag...I guess I'll wait and see when the official results are posted.

Wow,
Congratulations Kevin!
You are going to have to build a huge trophy room to fit all those full body mounted sheep and White fur ball goat to boot!
Congratulations friend. I am very excited for you!

Congrats, Kevin!

I got the dreaded 3 & 12. Best of luck to all that have drawn those special permits!

I only have points showing for 2011 as of now...also only my apps are showing for the backdoor. Still got hope I drew a goat or sheep tag.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I have zero points!!!!!!!!!!!!! I drew a mountain goat tag!!!! I drew, I drew a goat tag!
granted it is only a nanny tag but this is my first time having a goat tag so I am super excited. People at work thought I just busted out a seizure :)
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I just got off the phone with a CPW rep. He told me that the drawing is still in progress and will not end until tomorrow the 26th.

Looks like I'll be hunting Mountain Goats come September!!! I'm so freakin pumped!!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-12 AT 09:36PM (MST)[p]Oh my, pts at 0-0 for sheep! Looks like I got S-66 with 7 wt pts. Now to figure out how to do the early AZ elk archery hunt which takes place in the middle of the sheep hunt. Poor little me!

No sheep or goat for me either.
Also at 3 + 10 for each.

Good luck to everyone else and congrats to everyone that drew!

Horniac

Moose and Bear points are up for 2012 at the bottom of the draw page. 3 and 12 for moose...1988 was a long time ago...
that was the first year we had a moose season.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom