Backpacking Region H

R

rcrosby

My brother and I are considering our options of backpacking into unit H. We are experienced, in shape and work hard each fall. I am a little worried that with the wilderness areas we maybe limited into how wild of country we can get into.

Does anyone have recommendations of areas we should consider to pack in away from wilderness. We aren't intimidated by miles or steepness and are planning to get into where we need to go to have a good hunt away from as many people as we can get.

Thanks!

North or South Fork of Indian Creek. The trailhead is a few miles north of Alpine. Awesome country and you can pack in there a long way. You'll feel alone and remote. My little lady and I did this pack trip last year.

3621dscn4631.jpg

6397dscn4570.jpg

9621dscn4623.jpg

596dscn4620.jpg

8165dscn4615.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Lake Basin and beyond is a nice 2-3 day hunt, which won't kill you and has some awesome country.

Just be aware that deer numbers in that country are very low as compared to most of the rest of Region H. The lower portion of that drainage is in Idaho, where there is a late hunt that runs to the end of November, with predictable results on older bucks. The 67 Idaho late hunt is a big source of frustration to the local WY G&F biologists, who feel like "their" bucks get decimated when they migrate into Idaho in November. There is very little quality winter range on the Idaho side of those mountains, at least compared to the Green River Basin, where most H bucks winter.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom