Backpacking tent

If you are looking for a 3 season tent take a look at this one.
ProductDisplay

I've backpacked with guys that have some wazoo $300 or $400 or more tent but most are complicated to set up, expensive and heavier than they need to be.

I look for a tent that is simple with only two poles, doors on both sides, clips to the poles instead of threading, rain fly clips on and weight is no more than 5 lbs and costs no more than $200.

I use a Sierra Designs Meteor Light and love it. Light, Compact and set's up easily. Very weather tight as well. REI stocks it as $229.00

Top choice 2 person tent for backpacking are:

Mountain Hardwear tents -

All season - Annapurna (light and strong)

Check their three season tents as well !!!!

The Eureka! Zeus EXO is at the top of my want, but dont HAVE to have list...

link~ http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:Qz4qInPKpSkJ:www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay%3FproductId%3D20699053%26memberId%3D12500226+EUREKA!+ZEUS+1+EXO+TENT&hl=en

After burning a big hole in my Bibler $$$$$$ I ended up buying two less expensive but fairly nice tents. Cabelas XPG Solo and the Eureka Zeus EXO 1 man single wall. Both seem to do the job although they haven't been pushed.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Now I've gotta decide which of these is right for me. Thanks for all the responces.
Dave

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom