Bad Boo-Boo's

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
No Fibbing. Honor System. Who win's Bragging Rights...?

#1) When (what age)?+?Where (on your Body) + How it happened.... did You get your First Stitches.?Plus; How many Stitches.
Any more Stitches later in Life...??

#1a) How did your Mother or Father React & Friends..?
-----------------------------------
#2) New Topic within Bragging Rights...

Please, Only those alive may reply. :)?

What was your worst bodily injury or injuries in your Lifetime..? How?+?what age + area(s) of Body, Etc....

#2a) How did your Mother, Father Wife and friends react..?

Jagerdad :)

I cut my toe on a piece of glass in the irrigation ditch next to my house when I was six.....I was sure I was going to bleed to death....my mom was sure I wasn't.....the end

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Homer, I understand. I ran, I mean Ran all Summer Long as a Child and STUBBED my big toe, over and over. Seeing the hunk of Toe Meat flipped over + the Pain, I didn't walk, I ran to Mom.... Sometimes Stubbing my other big toe.

4 stitches at age 4 on my chin.
Many stitches when I was 7 on my scalp from a coffee table wielded by one of my brothers.
Even more stitches to my left leg when I was 18 due to a compound fracture.
Broke my number 6 vertebrae when I was 28.
Age 36 Hit at 65 miles an hour while I was stopped and my head went through the windshield received many stitches.
At age 54 I Fell 18 feet from my warehouse roof breaking my bottom vertebrae and pelvic bone and dislocated my left shoulder. I found out what 6 people with a bedsheet means when I had a dislocated shoulder. I really hated those 6 people.
My Dad told me I should be more careful.

2311idiot.jpg

Ran into a barb wire fence chasing my dog when I was 3. Lots of stitches and have 3 scars on my chin.
My brother hit my head with a spear when I was 9. It was made from a 2x2x8. It was accidental but I had 14 stitches and they shaved the left side of my head. My dad was very upset but he investigated rather than overreaction.

Dear Overton...

You brought back bad memories as you mentioned going through a windshield. Before Air Bags and everyone using Seat Belts, I was at one crash after another and I saw entire scalps caught by the windshield glass.

When people were hit, their heads flew into the windshield. As the Crown of the Head breaks through such Glass, the Glass opens like the old Chinese Thumb Handcuffs. The force ends and the weights of each body falls back, towards the seat. However, once our Flesh is through/in the windshield, our Body goes back into the seat but the Scalp, down to the Scull (Bone) is captured by the expanding and contracting Plastic in the windshield.

I used to see Ladies scalped and all of their Hair (Ear to Ear) is stuck in the glass, now bloody and hanging down onto the dashboard.

I was always happy to see new safety measures grow.

I Respect you Overton.

Jagerdad

Homer, You know: I LOVE YOU... Come to Jagerdad 4 Hugs :)

California Man Stuff :) Kinda like the Beach Boys Song wishing All Girls Came From California. Never mind, no Utah Man would/could understand a MAN like Uncle Hugging Homer "Natural Hair" and, From California + He has a HONDA TRAIL 90 ... Nuff Said.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-19 AT 11:32PM (MST)[p]10 years old. Forehead gash. Happened on the side of my house. Had my head down pretending I was a motorcycle on a drag strip. Took off and started to run, after a few seconds, I looked up and a 2x4 that was lying on a 50 gallon drum was about head level but it was too late. Lights out. I don't remember how many stitches, but the blood made things look a lot more horrific than necessary. As I wiped the blood off my forehead, I realized I was wiping it off my skull and not skin.

I tried to hide it by running into the house and putting a whole roll of toilet paper on my head. I was scared I was going to get a whippin', because you know, parents did that to their kids in the early 70s. Apparently, now they call CPS if you so much as raise your voice at your children.

Never got whipped. But my dad walked in, saw all the blood and a ruined brand new roll of toilet paper in my hand and said "What did you do this time?" and told me to get in the car. Off to the hospital I went...

I have a 2" deep scar on my right forearm but no recollection of it. The story is, I was about 3 and somehow fell through the kitchen window, and the window was closed. (I suspect I was thrown through the window). They used staples to close it up. Staples were probably cheaper than stitches.

I got the little finger on my left hand pinched off on a conveyor belt at the mill. That was fun.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-19 AT 02:49PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-19 AT 12:50?PM (MST)

I was 6 or 7 and wanted a ring. So, I cracked the top of a Dr. Pepper bottle and slid it over my finger. No stitches, I just wrapped my hand in toilet paper ( I was at school). When I got home, my mom had me stick my hand in our flour bin to stop the bleeding. We didn't stitch things back then. (how many had a flour bin?). Almost 60 years later the scar remains in place.

Worst...had to be one of 2 Huey wrecks. Pick one. Back, neck, ankle and knee were a little bit banged up.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-19 AT 01:11PM (MST)[p]Circa 5 or 6 yrs. old. We were heading to grandma's for Sun. dinner, and we had a bowl to return on the backseat where I was riding. I was on my knees, playing cowboy out the back window when my dad made a turn. I went over sideways, cracking the bowl and my scalp to the tune of an unrecalled number of stitches. Had two other stitch jobs later in life.

I've been fortunate in regards to any major injuries. Worst I can recall was a broken bone in my foot, courtesy of a bad slide into third base in a AAA slow-pitch tournament in CA. I was in my 40s already.

The most excruciating pain, however, happened when I was managing a J.C Penney sporting good department in 1970. One of the dock guys brought two dozen sets of weights (110 lbs. each) to the floor with a portable fork lift. As he maneuvered it into the spot I wanted them stacked, I stood off to one side. The pallet was about 8 inches off the floor and over my toes when he accidentally tripped the down button. It cut through the top of my shoe and jerked the nail of my big toe out. Fortunately it missed the bone completely. As I screamed, I could feel the blood already filling up my shoe.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

About six years old. I'm assuming I just watched old yeller and that scene where the little boy is riding bareback on old yeller looked like great fun. I happened to have a giant lab myself. Chris Laduux I am not. Only made it about 15 feet at full gallop before I lost my grip and my forehead was the first thing to connect with the corner of the deck. It wasn't alot of stitches but I remember being on the way to the doctors I thought my life was in peril. Lost track of all the ones since then.

I had a lot of stitches growing up. My dad let me remove them when the time came and I thought that was real cool. It was the usual injuries like slamming fingers in doors, stepping on glass, bike wrecks, a baseball to the lip. Then I grew up and had a defensive injury in a knife attack. I still have one stitch holding the tendon together.
15008b04ce6a3d4ce46feb939e4e6ec3548d1.jpeg

Ok maybe it wasn?t a knife attack, it was a worm drive saw. You can see another scar that should have had stitches.

Oh, almost forgot...I had a baseball sized ball bearing crack me in the nose. I was about 9 or so. I bled enough that I could wring blood out of the wash cloth.

I likely broke my nose, but never went to a doc.

On a semi-related note, my only trip to the ER as a kid was when I broke my wrist. I was in my cubicle when this old guy gets taken to the bed next to me. I think it was 1968. Anyway, the nurse is in my cubicle and I hear the old guy talk about what happened. He said he tried to pee, but couldn't 'draw water' so he stuck a golf pencil up his pee hole and it got stuck.

I didnt know Eel liked golf.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

When I was about 9 months old my Dad reached in the crib to get me out and accidently hit the heat lamp that fell on my left foot and burnt the crap out of it..still have the scar...then when I was about 5 we went out to get a Christmas tree in the woods, Dad climbs into a top of a fir and cuts the top out..I decide to catch the tree with my face..still have a nice scar above my left eyelid...My Dad is still my hero after all these events..

Every time I see these type of conversations I think about this scene.

Yall wouldn't believe the stories I could tell yall. :D

Tri, Ref: Yall wouldn't believe the stories I could tell yall.

C'mon, give us all a taste. You write very well.

Well one thing I can tell you is my dad was a veterinarian. A real old school type. Anyway, the only way you were going to get to go to the hospital and see a real doctor was being on death's door. He wasn't going to give them overpaid quacks a dollar on anything he could fix himself. This included broken bones and lacerations. First time I got to go see a doctor I was around seven. My mom was a cancer survivor and I had a growth that looked cancerous. Dad didn't want to take me to a Doctor but my mom begged him and he gave in. Wasn't cancer. Dad sewed up wounds on my brothers and I all the time. When I moved away I never could sew myself. I could sew up someone else but not myself. I learned how to get things together with super glue then. Actually get cleaner seams with glue than suture. The last time dad sewed me up I had a stab wound in my left arm. It had gone through a lot of muscle. I think I was about 25 then. Dad met me in the middle of the night and did a the best job I had ever seen him do on me. Dad died about two months later. I miss having access to cheep medical care. For some reason that one scar always gets me thinking about him and not all the rest of them.

5 years old - Staying at grandma?s house while my parents were in Reno. Me and the neighbor kid were golfing in the back yard. He was 7. I was standing behind the ball to watch where it went and he caught me on the back swing with a Wilson Sam Snead 7 iron in the nose.

It shattered my nose and the bones above my right eye. I ran to the sliding glass door and about the time I started pounding on the door my nose exploded with blood all over the glass. Grandma slapped a cold rag on my wound and we ran out the front door to find the mother Of my golfing partner backing her muscle car up to give us a ride to the hospital.

I don't remember much, but when I woke I found a cast on my nose and was told I had re-constructive surgery including stitches inside and out. I still have a scar on my nose in the shape of a 7. The number 7 is my favorite number. I feel it was lucky that I didn't die. I shoot a 7 MM STW, with 160 g Partitions 1+ 6 = 7, with 77 g of Reloader 25. 2 + 5 = 7. Let me adjust my tinfoil hat...

Everything happens for a reason. God has blessed me every day of my life including the day I started golfing.

Hmmm. Nothing about fish hooks, broadheads, or scope tattoos. Safety sissys.:)

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

"Hmmm. Nothing about fish hooks, broadheads, or scope tattoos. Safety sissys."

I did have a .470 NE double discharge on me. The opening lever cut my eyebrow. It was like trying to hold onto a turning truck wheel. :D

My dad let me shoot a 44 mag revolver when I was 7 or 8. I don't think they had been around very long then. Anyway, recoiled straight back and hit me right in the middle of the forehead. Left a knot like a golf ball and I had to bounce around in the truck the rest of the day with a BAD headache. Everyone was proud of me because I didn't drop the gun :)

Say Jaeger, how did you get your head injury? ;-)

Bluehair

My dad wasn't a dog doc, but he often stitched up his own horses. He stitched me up once when I ran into a boot scraper set in concrete with my right shin. I was 6 at the time. Im nearly 65 and the scar is still there.

Was 21 years old during the LA riots. Took my wife to an open air dance on the UofA campus. Thousand white kids and one of my classmates told me there were blacks form LA starting fights and to get my wife out of there. Next thing I knew I was hit in the face with a pipe then 7 guys kicked me in the head and ribs and ran off. Finally with my wife screaming a football player put me over his shoulder and carried me several blocks to a hospital. Broke out my front teeth and left a good lip scar. 3 days in hospital.

To possibly Homers discuss, Trisate; "I respect you" for returning and entering a past event of a Bad Bad Boo-Boo.

Bluehair, Golly peepers holy creepers, How Could/Can I answer your apparent Jovial Question...? Send me a PM if you're interested.

I remember a Post about some tall jack that has a long history of smacking guys by it's handle, a bar.

This post subject has no hair caught in a spinning machine (Suppose they are gone and can't Post :-( )

Scope's hitting us in the eyebrow as mentioned above, Chain Saw & Woodworking saws (Hand or Powered), ATV Crashes like some Joke in reference to Elk. I even bet BIGJOHNT has sliced himself on sheet-metal.

C'mon, Confess guys :)

mid honda 90's have a handle that you popup to turn the handle bars sideways to use a bumper rack to haul them.....in high school I got home about 2 am....not sober...and took the honda 90 on a high speed run accross the farm....my dad had pulled a ditch that hadn't been there the day before. I saw it too late...actually I never saw it.I hit the far side and flew threw the handle bars and caught my sack on that lever...tearing a triangular flap of skin off my ballsack. It kinda hurt but I was drunk. I hobbled home and went to bed. in the morning...and sober when I woke up every time I'd move a muscle the sheets that had dried into that wound would pull on it and HOLY CRAP it would hurt.....

Once again I screamed......MOM...

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Had a jackass put a glass jager bottle full of diesel in a camp fire. Here I come along 5 min later with a shovel not knowing its in there Bam exploded right in my face! Yep the worst burns to my whole face and hands you can imagine. Burn unit U of U was the worst night of my life!!!!

37205hornkiller.jpg

Now that is a GREAT Post Homer. "YES" you were born with a Silver Spoon in your Mouth. That happens to the best of us. However, aside from your Gruff/Trough typing I suspect you are, Truly a Wonderful Man and a FAMILY MAN... "HOMER: "I RESPECT YOU".

Homer, I wish you were my Neighbor and Friend.

Please Guys... Do NOT ask if the Mother placed Homer's Boo-Boo into a Jar of Flour. :)

Gosh I adore Campfire when we communicate in such a manner.

Got on a bull at a little PO-dunk arena when I was just starting to ride bulls. Bull had never been bucked out and when he came out of the chute he ran my right leg into the end of the chute. Broke my ankle really slick. Ride the bull and when I got off I was favoring my right ankle so I just thought I'd push off his back and land on my left leg. Except left spur got hung up in the flank strap right by the bulls tail head. I played crack the whip for over two minutes getting flung around while the two amateur bull fighters tried to get me loose. They finally roped the bull and cut me loose. I had to be carried out of the arena and I was sore for a few weeks. Back hurt worse than the busted ankle. Funny part was I got offered a re-ride because the bull hit the chute and stumbled when my ankle pointed the wrong way. I politely said I'd pass. Only re-ride I ever turned down. Lots of good rodeo wrecks but managed to live through them all

Dear hornkiller, In My (PREVIOUS LIFE Centuries ago when Young) was it me who opened up a Campfire with Laughing/Shocks ALL Semi Sorta Kinda Safe... ?

I did such things on many endless Mountains, among True friends. I sure got caught. But such stupid matters remain more solid in Friends Memories than anything we Killed.

Craziness is not outlawed among True Hunting Men/Friends. After cuss words and laughing we went to bed, ready for the next days HUNT.

Hugs + Love

When I was twelve years old I shot myself in the wrist with a 20 gauge shotgun....yes it was an accident.

Growing up and since then many many other injuries, including 16 surgeries on various things. Too many stories to type.

Fun times.

>When I was twelve years old
>I shot myself in the
>wrist with a 20 gauge
>shotgun....yes it was an accident.

Geez, I would hope it was an accident. Otherwise, it was pretty bad shooting to commit suicide. :D

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Yeah, happened the very next day after I passed Hunter's Safety. Apparently I didn't listen very well when it came to the part about how to cross a fence with a shotgun when pheasant hunting.

>Yeah, happened the very next day
>after I passed Hunter's Safety.
> Apparently I didn't listen
>very well when it came
>to the part about how
>to cross a fence with
>a shotgun when pheasant hunting.
>

damn ELKLOVER.....was it just a graze??....that could easily remove a hand....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Not really a graze. Almost center punched my right palm, liitle left of center at an angle pointing up my arm. Shot went through wrist and traveled in to forearm. Entry hole the size of a 20 ga barrel, exit hole 3 times bigger. Took out part of my wrist bone. Lots of therapy but came back pretty good. Was even able to box competitively in my 30s for 3 years, till I decided I was too old! If I knew how to post a pic I'd show you. When it happened I was with my dad. Needless to say he was in a little bit of a panic.

ELKLOVER, I am HUMBLED By "YOUR Post" and those of many other few time Posters.

ELKLOVER, I would never play with you in Boxing or: LIFE.

I type via one finger. You are BLESSED by JESUS and are now among us Old Farts in Campfire. I wish you asked DW, Elk, BigJohnT and others to have them PM you and they will make Posting Pictures easy. "I" would enjoy you posting much more often, same with others. "I" will NEVER bash you. I am sure Homer shall not either.

Overton is a PURE GENTLEMAN yet Busy. We here in Campfire are not all in Utah using this as a semi Facebook.

ELKLOVER, You have been hit and came back up in life, swinging. Now in 2019 your Mother & Father would be especially Honored.

Love & Hugs

>Bluehair, Golly peepers holy creepers, How
>Could/Can I answer your apparent
>Jovial Question...? Send me a
>PM if you're interested.
>
>
>Jagerdad :)

I prefer jovial more and more these days. :)

70698f8e74d1ced4348f989c5d69ea47efc2c.jpeg

My nephew after a 454 casul. He?s a navy seal now so he's ok. :)

Bluehair

>>Yeah, happened the very next day
>>after I passed Hunter's Safety.
>> Apparently I didn't listen
>>very well when it came
>>to the part about how
>>to cross a fence with
>>a shotgun when pheasant hunting.
>>
>
>damn ELKLOVER.....was it just a graze??....that
>could easily remove a
>hand....
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

If you ever watched Railroad Alaska, there is a guy (since deceased) who did that very thing.

Scroll up to Post 34 then you'll see Post 41 right below it.
A Great Post. No Pictures = It never happened by some.

This topic has been pure fun.

Elk is no where in the thread...?????? (+ Others)

Homer just might win ???

Love and Hugs
Ancient Jagerdad :) :) :)

>
>>Bluehair, Golly peepers holy creepers, How
>>Could/Can I answer your apparent
>>Jovial Question...? Send me a
>>PM if you're interested.
>>
>>
>>Jagerdad :)
>
>I prefer jovial more and more
>these days. :)
>
>
70698f8e74d1ced4348f989c5d69ea47efc2c.jpeg

>
>My nephew after a 454 casul.
> He?s a navy seal
>now so he's ok. :)
>
DAMN.....cylinder gap??

>
>Bluehair
>Splitting my time time between the
>winter and summer range......
>May you live long enough to
>cash in those preference points.
>Amen

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I was in a head on car collision and had my nose cut off with over one hundred stiches on my head, I also had a lot of my left arm cut out making hard to tie back together. It was such a deep and wide cut that it looked like bunched material for about 5 for years until it relaxed and looked some what normal. That was about another 100 stiches or so as well.

Lucky to be alive also broke my right ankle in the joint that required 12 hours of surgery to fix and I was in a cast for about 8 months. Right leg has never been the same.

I have had stiches in both hands my head three times and my leg.
I have had more stiches than Beetlejuice.

>>
>>
>DAMN.....cylinder gap??
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

It was not a gun or ammo malfunction. It is actually a hilarious story (except for those involved), but one that is best kept private. And no, a stream of toe injury pics won't change my mind. ;-)

Be careful out there boys. Jeez, some of you have been thru hell.....?

Bluehair

More Battle Wounds than I can Count!

Here's one that didn't Feel very Good:

We Live near the Big City where I went to School!

In High School in Wood Shop!

We all decided to Build a Billy Club on the Wood Lathe!

The Only Tools We ever Got Were Donated from Military/National Guard type of Places!

They were all known as Dinosaurs!

This Big Old Lathe that was Huge With a Counter Weight that must have weighed who knows how much?

I Chucked a 4" X 4" Cedar 4' Long!

I Tightened the Rest with a Cheater!(Didn't want that F'R coming Lose!)

Now I'm looking at a Brand New Set of Lathe Tools/Knives!

Wondering which one I should Use/Try?

(((Nobody Taught Me SQUAT about the Lathe or the Tools or How to Use them!)))

So I Pick a Nice New Tool!

Kick the Lathe on!

Start in to the 4X4 near the end of the Rest!

All of a Sudden that F'R Grabbed & Sucked My Thumb in between the Rest & the Rough 4X4!

Meat & Blood Flyin!

I Try to Loosen the Rest,but with one Hand I Couldn't because I Tightened that F'R with a Cheater!

The 2 Kids that were watching me took off Running when the Meat started Flyin!

I Knew better than to Shut the Lathe off!

But I Had No other Choice!

Do You know how long it Takes a Lathe to stop turning with a 3' Counterweight?

The Slower it got the Harder it was Hitting my Thumb!

SWEAR To GAWD I Thought it was gonna Rip my thumb off!

Took a couple years for most of the Meat to Grow Back!

The School wanted me to go to the Emergency Room for a Visit!

I Said BS,I Ain't Going & I Didn't!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

My Husband, Stonefly, Told me I should reply to this, im not on here very much. Some of you older guys have heard this story.
WE have Archery Hunted Elk here in Utah for many years. We hunt the same area, and with our Family and Friends. We Hunt from Tree Stands, Ground blinds, and Still Hunt.
On Aug. 29 2009 we had Hunted The Morning Hunt, by driving to the top of the Mountain, and hiking down the canyons back to our camp. I was back around noon, and Jeff (Stonefly) came back around 1:00. We had Lunch and I decided to have a nap, I was extra tired and it was a hot day. When Jeff woke me up he said , If we were going to get to our Tree Stands for the night Hunt we needed to really hustle. I looked at the clock and it was 3:30. It takes an hour to hike to the spot where my stand was. I grabbed my Backpack and with our son, who was 14 at the time, headed up the trail. Jeff said he would meet us there, and was going to take a different Rout into the canyon, to see if we would move any animals to each other. During the hike I realized I hadn't replaced the water bottles in my pack from the morning. When we met Jeff, he had just taken out a water bottle from his pack and was having a drink. I told him about my water, or lack thereof.He gave me 2 water bottles from his pack and I drank 1 right there, on the spot. Plans were made to meet after dark, to walk back to camp. Jeff went up the trail and I went to my tree stand, because our son was 14 we had a stand for him next to each of our stands. He decided to Hunt with Mom for the night and he joined me in a tree about 20 yds from mine. I climbed into my stand ,and hooked my harness to the treebelt and sat down to hunt for the night. I watched my son do the same. After a short time, I started feeling sick. Then I got Dizzy. I told myself I had to get out of the tree when it had passed. After it passed I thought I could get down. I remember grabbing the D loop that my harness was attached to, and undoing the safety Strap, I put my hand in the D loop to pull myself up.
I woke up on the Ground, and my son was yelling at me, I couldn't understand why he was yelling, My Left arm felt like it had been burned, and was still burning My Shoulders and Neck were in great pain, I wanted to sit up and get my harness off. My son was still yelling and everything hurt and I didn't know why, he was saying I had fallen, but I couldn't even remember starting to climb down let alone fall. He told me I was hurt, and to stay still while he went and got Jeff, who was a mile farther up the canyon. He took off running up the Canyon.
When Jeff got to me he had both our sons with him. he touched my arm and ask where I hurt the most. My arm instantly felt like it was on fire when he touched it and I screamed. My head was pounding and nothing worked right. Jeff took the frame out of his pack and laid me down on it. they tied my head and shoulders to it with extra clothing,tape,rope what ever was in their packs. My oldest son he sent to find cell service and told him to call 911. I kept trying to remove my safety harness and they kept telling me to STOP! and DON'T MOVE! finally my boys came back with 2 Forest Rangers. The Ranger said paramedics were on the way. I still insisted I hadn't fallen.By now the real Pain was beginning.I couldn't hold still. Jeff told me there were several cuts on my head and scalp that were bleeding, there was a large lump on the side of my neck that was bruising.
After what seamed like a lifetime the paramedics arrived. They decided to leave the makeshift neck brace in place while they called in search and rescue with more help. at this point I was ask if I would like a cocktail. It was morphine. and yes I liked it. I was told that it might have made me a bit of a potty mouth. Jeff said I would have made a Sailors Ears bleed. anyway.The Dr. said it happened all the time. oh ya and he was a Dr. he had volunteered to work in the Ambulance that week out of Heber , his day job was trauma ER at Utah Valley regional. Lucky me.
Anyway search and rescue arrived and now between my family,friends, Forest Rangers,EMTs, and search and rescue I was told there were 18 people, and me. They put me on a back board and carried me out over the next few hours. I had more cocktails so most of this was told to me, I don't remember a lot. I guess they packed me over deadfall, down steep hills, though 1 beaver pond and a stream finally to an ambulance and on to Heber.
There we learned I had Broken several Vertibras and was shipped to Utah valley. Jeff got there just before I went into surgery. He told me later he said to the Dr. "Straight up and dont Bullshit me" he said he was sorry because that is when he was told IF I survived the surgery, another would be scheduled the next evening. and not to expect me as I had been. my C6.C7 were broken severely, and the worst part was my C2 was shattered.The first surgery lasted 17 hours. the 29 hours later I went into the second surgery, 11 hours. then in a medical coma into icu.
When I woke up I had a breathing tube I DID NOT LIKE, and
I was out of it for the most part. I had a neck brace I would wear for the next YEAR and surprisingly not a lot of pain. I was shown my new EX rays,I was amazed at all the metal. 4 plates, 10 screws, a spacer, and a cable, all Titanium. I also had a new donated C2, and donated bone putty. Donated means your second owner. I couldn't move my Arm or upper body and I was unable to talk. I had to blink to communicate. I was worried about my family.
Over the next while they removed my breathing tube, but I still couldn't talk, as the second surgery was through the front of my neck, and my vocal chords had been stretched. But was told it was temporary. I was able to move my Arm a little after about a week to the amazement of the Dr.s AND I HAD FEELING IN BOTH LEGS AND FEET! I was out of the Hospital and home in just over a week!
Iv had 1 back surgery related to the fall sense, and will never be able to turn my head or move it up and down. It makes walking hard I have fallen a couple times. the last resulting in a knee surgery. I still Hunt, and Camp, and Fish. I Archery Hunted until 2017 and decided I would Rifle Hunt Deer. and Leave the archery Elk to Jeff our kids and Grand kids.

My wife was attacked a little over 2 years ago. She was in ICU for 31 days. Skin grafts, over 180 staples...dunno how many stitches.

5 months in wound care; the only thing that stopped the oozing of blood was 2 applications of human placenta.

She hunted a little over one year later.

Glad You're Still Out & About Hunting & Carrying on with Life LittleBuck!

Hunters/Huntress's are of the Toughest of Breeds!

Best of Luck to You on You & Your Families Hunts!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

>My wife was attacked a little
>over 2 years ago.
>
Holy cow. I'm speechless. I suppose we all worry about that. I hope all her wounds heal....

Bluehair

Littlebuck, wow. Just wow. Oh, and you win.?

Bluehair

>>My wife was attacked a little
>>over 2 years ago.
>>
>Holy cow. I'm speechless.
>I suppose we all worry
>about that. I hope
>all her wounds heal....
>
>
>Bluehair
>Splitting my time time between the
>winter and summer range......
>May you live long enough to
>cash in those preference points.
>Amen

Thanks. Yea, they have all healed. She had about 3 dozen puncture marks on the right side of her body. Paramedics took one look at her and shipped her off in a helo to the trauma center. She was given a 10% chance to live after the first surgery. I retired a short time later.

Lucky she remembers very little about it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom