Bad Kitty Kitty!

sageadvice

Long Time Member
I've been down to the East Bay helping my family with some chores needed doing around my Parents place. While down there, my old hunting partner and his wife found 3 of their goats dead when they went up to his 100 acre place to feed.

Having along a .223 and a 12 gauge, they found two of the goats partly eaten and buried under brush. Returning to the kill site within the hour, they turned up Mr Big Kitty within 10 feet of the buried kills and Dee Dee put the big hurt on him with the .223 but didn't quite manage to kill the cat. My pard finished it off a little later with a charge of 00 Buckshot in the kisser at very close range.

They called the Warden knowing that they were well within their right to protect their livestock. If you catch a lion in the act, you can take matters in your own hands and get the depredation permit, as they did, after the fact.
4237dee_dee_with_lion.jpg

Joey

With all the bountiful wildlife on the left coast so close to the Bay Area, I'm surprised you found time to do some chores. nice photo!!

Nothing like bait to lure in the kitties!
Seriously though, I'm glad they took care of the problem.

Where ya been Sage?

We been worried about you!

That's a PISSCUTTER of a Lion,that as big as they grow em in Kali?:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!
What Voltage of Cordless Sawzall are you running & what's your quickest Drive-By at hackin the Horns off of RoadKills?

This Favorite Shhit is getting old already!

Be Bop, I had a bunch of family stuff to deal with and had to travel some to do it. Been gone better than three weeks. So you missed me? Atta boy! I'm sure some didn't, he he he :)

As far as Cats go, that was a dry female, the warden weighed her at 89 pounds. For a three year old, he guessed, about normal weight. Bessy, with no hunting of them whatsoever in this State, we do have them that are MUCH bigger!

That cat actually attacked 5 of the dozen or so goats he has. One ewe had a big ol slash across her throat area but otherwise seemed unharmed and another younger one was missing a ear with head wounds.

JB, she is rather, "healthy".

Thanks for the comments guys!

Joey

Thought you mighta been workin out of town!

That was a dumb cat,no self respecting cat would resort to eatin Goats!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!
What Voltage of Cordless Sawzall are you running & what's your quickest Drive-By at hackin the Horns off of RoadKills?

Welcome back Joey! Do your friends get compensated for the loss of their goats?

Eel

it's not a 40 incher but it's closer than the last 40 incher you posted....

JB

Thanks Eel!

Not that i know of.

You know, i keep calling these goats but in fact, i think that they might be sheep. I grew up on a cattle ranch. We had no sheep of any kind, no sheep were allowed on the ranch, Grandpa would roll over in his grave if any had been able to do so and as a young man, had been warned to steer clear of them as a bad habit.

I admit, when it comes to domestic sheep-goats, i know little, if any, of their identifications. If this might help ID, they were a lot darker in places than the normal what i see in a sheep, and the Rams had the full curl thing going on just like a bighorn ram. There was a couple youngster rams that looked goat to me but, hell i'll say it, i just don't know!

Joey

Well sage?

You got a pic of the Chick?

Any Pics of the Sheep?:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!

to bad state only
lets you keep pictures....In would love
to mount that Puddy Cat!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

LMFAO! 13er, I chase your posts just to see what you'll come up with next.........sweater monkeys, that's great! Your best so far.

Nice Pic and one less puddy cat :) Sweater Monkeys LOL that is great.. How do you come up with this stuff?

))))......>

Youse guys!!! lol

Yes DD has it going on! That is one tough little gal holding the putty cat. two years ago while her hubby and i were off to Wyoming on our lope and muley hunt, her and her gal friend...

3252amanda_c-zone_buck.jpg

shown here with last years C-zone buck...took off for Colorado on their own for a over the counter elk hunt!! Imagine running into these two gals out in the stix! Don't think for a moment though that these two would be any ol babes in the woods. Not by a long shot do these two gals have to take a "backseat" to most any hunters out there. Both of them have huge trophy animals, lots of them, to their credit. They can hunt, fish, shoot, and pull their weight with most any guy!

I watched DD fight a big stingray in the Bay one time. That Ray probably went about 50 lbs and if you know, well they can be a scrap. DD boated that fish by hard work and grit, in about 5 minutes. I couldn't believe how hard and much effort she used to put that ray in the boat! She also has killed pigs with her bow, many good bucks, hundreds of ducks and geese, and dozens of wild turkey with her bow.

My Pard just smiles and lets her do her thing. She loves to hunt and his take has suffered greatly these past 10 years or so because when a big one is finally spotted, she makes sure that she's the one going to be pulling the trigger on it!

To give her even more credit, not that she doesn't deserve any of what i've said, she was starting to put on a few pounds so bought herself a nice Mtn bike this past year. She and my pard have been hitting the trails most evenings where they have put in hundreds of miles. She just bought herself a upgrade from her $1,800. bike to a $3400. bike. One serious lady and one that would be VERY hard to keep up with... My pard just smiles! He is, as i've mentioned before, one hell of a guy!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom