Badlands 2200 tears after 285 lbs

O

Obsessed35

Just thought some of you might be curious on how much weight a badlands 2200 can hold before tearing. My friend and I did a strength test and posted it on youtube. We finally got it to tear after we added 285 pounds of weights. We both had to lift it on the last couple of tests. Never have to worry about it tearing on you in the field unless you can carry over 285 pounds!
Here is the link

Great--now everyone has to do a "tear test" on their favorite packs to see how they compare:)--Seriously though, that's pretty amazing--now only if their zippers would hold up....Here we go again....

after 30 lbs

My brother's stealth has torn atleast twice on the hip belt with less than 30 lbs and a weeks worth of use. Go figure.

I have packed out many elk with my badland packs but my 4500 waist belt tore off yesterday. Just going for a night bivy out and put the pack on at the truck and the thing tore right of, crazy. Sent it back today so we will see how the warranty goes. Besides their buckles and zippers I thought the packs were bullet proof till now. Still a good pack though.

Not to bash a vendor but when they repaired and sent it back the fabric colors were different. Functionally, not such a problem but both of us spend money on gear and like our stuff to look nice also so we weren't thrilled about it.

I had a 2800 and never had any quality issues with it. My only complaint was that it seemed too difficult to access the pockets. Never had any problems with tears. IMO, I don't know that this is a reasonable test of strength for a pack.

In general Badlands are nice packs.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom