Ballistics calculator

Ballistic AE on my phone, using the Leica.com in my rangefinder. The phone gets used to confirm the Leica is doing the right thing/to build confidence in it but doesn’t really come out on the hunt

My boots to get closer.
Where I shot from this year. But I've ran 600 rounds through my hunting rifle this year, majority from 650, out to my far target of 1150.

20231031_133023.jpg

How'd you even Turn The Scope Down Low Enough To use It Right There?
I spotted it from afar. When I popped over that little rocky area he was super close. Eyes closed, soaking sun. It still was a little western. I shot him and he got up and took a few more bullets.

Does shooting 600 rounds through a hunting rifle in one year mean a new barrel is in your immediate future?

Hornaday copied to a card.
Not a normal year. I do enjoy shooting. My two boys like to shoot at steel, and I set up a range at my buddies place a few miles away. I'm curious how long it will take to shoot out the barrel. Hopefully a long time. My setup is accurate. I used strelok, and copied it to a card, using my 5200 ft elevation and I think around 50 degrees temp. It's pretty average. But I got to thinking and wondering what others were using. Nobody in my circles speak or understand the language, and trial and error can be fun, or frustrating.

Not a normal year. I do enjoy shooting. My two boys like to shoot at steel, and I set up a range at my buddies place a few miles away. I'm curious how long it will take to shoot out the barrel. Hopefully a long time. My setup is accurate. I used strelok, and copied it to a card, using my 5200 ft elevation and I think around 50 degrees temp. It's pretty average. But I got to thinking and wondering what others were using. Nobody in my circles speak or understand the language, and trial and error can be fun, or frustrating.
I'm OK being a trial and error guy. It makes life interesting.
What cartridge are you shooting/hunting with Deercy? Some barrels last much longer than others depending on how much powder you are burning and how fast you string your rounds/cool barrel.

Strelok Pro. Unfortunately, not available anymore since the creator is a Russian citizen. Can't have normal people in Russia making money you know...

StrelokPro and Ballestic AE on my phone. Sig Sauer Kilo 2400 ABS rangefinder blue-toothed to my phone...

Horniac

I'm OK being a trial and error guy. It makes life interesting.
What cartridge are you shooting/hunting with Deercy? Some barrels last much longer than others depending on how much powder you are burning and how fast you string your rounds/cool barrel.
I have a 6.5 prc. Savage ultralight. Nightforce shv. I seem to be the only person who has had scope issues. It doesn't seem to return to zero sometimes. After shooting out at distance, then taking it down to zero, it's been 3-5 minutes high 3 times. Its not confidence building. The customer service department is determined that it is a mounting problem. I also have a 300 win. Bighorn tl3. It was my initial step into long range, and turned out to be near 14 pounds. Carried it one year then used what I had learned on my next rifle. The 14er is a very accurate rifle, and I would like to lighten it up and use it again.

I have a 6.5 prc. Savage ultralight. Nightforce shv. I seem to be the only person who has had scope issues. It doesn't seem to return to zero sometimes. After shooting out at distance, then taking it down to zero, it's been 3-5 minutes high 3 times. Its not confidence building. The customer service department is determined that it is a mounting problem. I also have a 300 win. Bighorn tl3. It was my initial step into long range, and turned out to be near 14 pounds. Carried it one year then used what I had learned on my next rifle. The 14er is a very accurate rifle, and I would like to lighten it up and use it again.
I'm sorry you got a lemon. NF is supposed to be solid but obviously yours isn't. I'm a light weight hunting rifle guy, so I use Leupold scopes. Their customer service has been great, but that doesn't help you. I hope you find a solution for your scope cause 3-5 minutes is always a miss.
From my perspective most ballistic systems are similar, depending on what bells and whistles you need. I'm simple so the free Hornaday print outs work for me.

Strelok pro but sadly they were caught up in the sanctions on Russia so apple removed them from the App Store. On android you can still sideload the app from their website link but it’s also been remove from the play store. I’d got that route all day long if I was still on android. So word of caution to anyone currently using it, if you change phones you might not be able to get it back for the new phone.

Strelok. I've used it for a long time. And on Android. I think it'll keep loading on new phones as long as I keep it on my existing phone. There might be better systems, but I have used it a long time and it is familiar and handy. Works for me.

Strelok pro but sadly they were caught up in the sanctions on Russia so apple removed them from the App Store. On android you can still sideload the app from their website link but it’s also been remove from the play store. I’d got that route all day long if I was still on android. So word of caution to anyone currently using it, if you change phones you might not be able to get it back for the new phone.
I just upgraded my phone and went to pull up Strelok Pro and it no longer works since it’s been discontinued. I lost all my data. 🤬

Is it no longer available for android devices? I only started using it a year ago. At that time it was discontinued from most app stores. I think maybe I used a link given to me.

I found the link, Amazon Apps but it’s no longer available there 🤬 guess I’ll have to keep the Samsung tablet i borrowed from my daughter.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom