Barbery sheep?

NMBOWHUNTR

Has anyone ever or known anyone who has taken a barbery with a bow? Anyone ever tried? Just wondering if it has been done or if anyone has attempted this feat...

Been close enough to shot with a bow. I even acted like I drew my bow on him. But no bow just a camera and spotting scope. Can it be done? You might have to be half indian.Good luck

It's been done. Not by me. Probably a real hunter.
My SCI record book for Mountain Game of the World has 10 entries for bowkills. No.1 was taken by a Todd Martin in Palo Duro Canyon TX. in Oct. of 2005. Score 153 6/8. Thats a whopper!!
And get this, there is a picture of him and his kill, with a
RECURVE bow!!!

I have seen it done on one of those tv shows before but it was out of a blind and on a high fenced ranch or game preserve. I'm talking about fair chase public ground hunting spot and stalk style here in NM.

I should have added: that bowkill in TX was in the free range category. Scored 5pts. higher than my free range rifle kill at #28.

My friend here in Artesia is an avid bowhunter and got tired of his gun year before last. Had a unit 32 barbary sheep tag. He spent 10 days hunting with his bow and got a 25 inch ram.

He was going to bow hunt his ram the year before but spotted a 30 inch ram and decided to pick up the gun. He was so disgusted in himself he vowed never to hunt barbary with a gun again and hasn't. However the year he got his archery barbary was the last year hes drawn since.

A friend of mine in Artesia has killed two with his bow. A few of years ago he started strictly bow hunting. The first one he shot was small, but still a hell of a feat. two years ago he shot a 27 inch ram. I believe he is in the record books with that one.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom