Barnes Bullets bought out.

RELH

Long Time Member
On January 10 Barnes bullets will be owned by Remington. It appears that the owners of Barnes bullets has sold out to Remington.
Barnes also has been supply Federal Ammo with their bullets, it will have to be seen if Remington will continue this practice of suppying their bullets to another ammo manufacture.

RELH

I seen this a while ago, to be bought by the Freedom group (owns remington, and many others)

I have mixed thoughts, I hope QC dont go down the drain in the name of production..wonder how long Randy and Connie will stay on bord?

Maybe I better stock up, but the bullets I shoot are 35$ per 20..that could get expensive.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-10 AT 03:54PM (MST)[p]Remington also had a link on their page for Dakota Arms and they took the custom shop off the rifles drop down list. I wonder if they may be offering the Dakota action and that is one fine action and increase their custom shop offerings? It also gives them a premium controlled feeding action for Safari guns. Anybody know anything? The shot show should be interesting.

I heard there gonna drop the 300rum and bring back the 260rem :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Reddog;

From what I heard, Randy Brooks will be staying on for a while in his present position. How long that will last remains to be seen. Remington is also the owner of Marlin firearms. Their parent company appears to be trying to buy up most of the competition in the firearms industry.
I know what you mean about continuing with quality control. In the 70,s Colt was bought out by a major Corp. and after their peanut counters got though cutting corners, Colt's quality control took a big nose dive.
I hope Remington's parent company will be smart enough to keep up quality control with their products. Time will tell.

RELH

I believe freedom group also owns chrysler...that really worries me! and ya, they own Dakota,marlin, and a long list of others..I don't think anything good will come from this..have you noticed the price of a Remington lately?

Boskee, I knew they had purchased Dakota, but wonder if it was a little too late, the last owner sure ran the company into the ground, lots of unhappy customers.

But ya, I suppose the cult followers of the CRF for dangerous game may have an option from Remmy now..I sometimes wonder why they didnt have the great old model 30 (enfield)as a custom shop option, they sure did lose a lot of biz to the model 70 not having a CRF action all these years.it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Reddog I agree. Cabela's down in Phx has a few new Dakotas they must have bought before they went out of business. Most of them are the mini sharps guns. Hope all's well with you regards, CA

PS could you pm me your magic load for your WBY 257. I have a good friend that just bought one and I know you have a couple of great loads for it. Thanks!

I'm away from home and my loading notes. but I will get them to you soon. I have an awesome new load using the 100 TTSX, if he isn't a Barnes hater!?

Thanks reddog! He probably doesn't have any preconcieved notions about much of anything in the firearms side.

Reddog Do you mind Sharing that load for the 100gr TTSX. I have been working on that for my 257 using Mag Pro with pretty good results but could always use another!

That's sad, now Remington will have the best bullet in the TSX and the worst in the core lock in their line. quality won't go up you can count on that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom