Beans with Brisket

Blank

Long Time Member
Another goodbye meal. Wife doesn't do beans either, so I had to wait until she left early yesterday, cooked them for the last day and a half. Threw in about a pound of chopped brisket, some mini carrots, celery, and jalepenos. Stewed on low for 36 hours!!!

IMG_4967.jpeg

Kind of like Lima Bean Soup but with Brisket and Jalapeños. Look might fine. Getting ready to see how my pasta bakes comes out in a few minutes. I haven't made an entree in a week or so.

Asking for a friend Blank, how do you manage adding water in a 36 hour cooking process? No doubt its fantastic. I do a similar concoction but don't cook that long , maybe 8 hours.

I could have sped up the process, by either soaking them overnight or used the Insta-Pot, but wasn't in that big a hurry so just used the little crock pot on LOW. It has a nice heavy glass top, and fits well. These were Mayacoba beans, and have a rich meatiness, but still a fairly thin skin and hold their shape. Kinda like a Great Northern or white navy bean, but don't fall apart.

Rinse well, and throw away the floaters, then start the cooking with about 1-1.5 quarts of water.

Checked about 12 hours later, threw in the carrots, celery, jalepenos, brisket, and an 8 oz. box of the Pacific Foods organic chicken broth. It has great flavor, and is low sodium for those of you who watch that stuff. Left until the next day, and enjoyed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom