Bear encounter haha!

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I finally got away for a couple days of deer hunting. I drove up to my honey hole and hiked down into my spot, about a half mile. There is a big Chinquapin tree that I like to sit under and glass. I sat there for a half hour and decided I needed to make a move over to a Fir tree about 40' away. It looked more comfortable.

I no more than got situated under the Fir tree and I hear brush and limbs breaking off to my left. I thought a big buck was busting out of there but then realized it was coming from up in the Chinquapin tree I just left.

I look up and see a sow bear shimming down the tree as fast as she can go looking at me the entire time. I see her cub up above her. So I figured one of two things....

She's either scared, or pissed.

I decided I better plan for pissed.

So I took the safety off and raised my gun.

As soon as she hit the ground she headed away from me as fast as she could run, crashing down through the brush. WHEW!

One minor detail....the cub is still up in the tree.

Is she coming back? What should I do? I decided to wait and see what developed.

A full 15 minutes goes by and the cub decided he was going after mom, so down the tree he came. It hit the ground running after mom.

I gotta start looking up into the trees I decide to sit under. lol

You Shoulda Grabbed Boo-Boo Bear & Took Him Home as a Pet!:D

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

>Lmao....quit smoking that pinky panty pot
>eel before you get ate.
>

I thought it was Bigfoot at first. I would have been famous...lol

You need to go back up there to your "favorite" tree and negotiate future use. "Mom" is waiting for you...;-)
86653democratbear.jpg

Last week my son and I were in Idaho hunting after the hunt we had two days to kill so we went to Henry's Lake to do some Brookie fishing.

Upon entering the park there was a sign on the side of the road at first glance I thought was a fire danger sign you know the one that measures the fire danger, low medium high well after looking right at it my son said did you see that sign? I had to look again it was a Grizzly Danger sign.

It was low that day good for us huh?

That is definitely a sign you don't see often at least not here in Kali

Eel, you need to contract your own reality TV show. Just a go pro on your noggin and viewers tune in to watch. You forget more outdoor shenanigins in one year than most people get in a lifetime. One of these days I am to pass through your neck just so I can always say I had a cup with the legend. You may want to enter the witness protection program now. Just ask Overton and cupsy. Cupsy is still trying to recover from the liquor cabinet destruction of ought-9.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

After being a couple miles off shore in a kayak, running into a bear doesn't feel too scary. lol

It's crazy how we laugh off those close calls when nothing bad happens to us! It could have gone bad in a hurry! Some encounters get U-G-L-Y.

Lucky you it all worked out and we can laugh about it.

2 miles out in a kayak sounds way more scary to me. Big water is for you brave souls, not this chicken-hearted dude!

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom