Bear Recipes

MJHHUNT

Hi All,

I'm new to the site, but couldn't think of a better place to ask this questions.

I was lucky enough to get a bear a couple weeks ago.
I've always had the belief if you kill it you eat it.

With that being said I'm look for ways to cook bear meat. I know when I cook it the meat must be over 160 degrees to kill off trichinosis. Other than that just looking for some of your guys favorite recipes.

Thanks in advance
MJH

deep pit....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Bear meat is one of the best wild meats there are.

The burger is awesome in any burger recipe.

I like to make mine into stew meat and then make your favorite beef stew recipe. It works very well that way.

Anyway that you'd do a beef roast, a bear roast is fantastic that way too.

Another way, that I don't do too often because of the method is bread it with flour and seasoning salt and fry the nuggets. We call them bear nuggets and they are very good.

Anyone who claims bear meat is bad, hasn't really tried it.

Can bears be gross animals? No worse than cattle, chickens, turkeys or pigs. In fact, their world is a lot cleaner.

Bear is really good. It's sad that so many states don't require people to take the meat out.

Some Bear meat from some places is very good.
But some bear meat can be terrible depending on what they eat.
Any that have been feeding on fish are
Just plain Nasty.

It's about like eating a large raccoon ! Yummy ...... nope ! Better off donated , I don't believe in throwing it but I'd rather throw up than eat it myself !

If you shoot a bear that's been eating berries it will taste good. Shoot one that's been eating a carcass and your dog won't eat it.

I like to slow cook it in stews. Spice it up to your own taste.

I have the entire thing made into breakfast sausage. Only way to eat it, IMO.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom