Bear Size?

Kevlar

4a0c192840d99ce5.jpg

Is this a decent bear? Iam a rookie at this bear hunting stuff. This is the first one to come to my bait.

Kevlar,

I am no expert as this is my 1st year hunting to, but that looks like a decent bear. Not huge but decent for sure! Looks like he has some belly to him and a decent sized punkin head! Any other pic's? Good luck on your hunt.

Chad

That looks to be a shooter to me. Really round face with a big body. Shoot him

-Muleyarcher07

Bears can be tough to judge, that bear looks like it has a round belly but its ears look long. A big bear will have tiny looking ears.

I'd stick with it and see what else shows up. And if nothing else shows you can always take him later in the hunt.

Big ears does not always mean small bear. Bears by far are the toughest animals to judge. When you see a big one there is no doubt however. For a first bear that looks to be a very respectable bear in Utah or the lower 48. I have killed a 400lbs+ 19inch bear that had huge ears. What it comes down to is, if you like him and you will be happy if you harvest him.
Good Luck

-Muleyarcher07

Kevlar That looks to be a decent bear for sure. I would see what else shows up though. I would guess that bear to be about 300lbs. Like said before bears are very tough to judge. Keep us posted on what else shows up for sure.

Andy

Looks like a pretty good one. Some times when they are listening they will move their ears forward, making them look bigger and closer together than they really are. He has a pretty big body.

I have an archery tag. Its a Utah bear and my season ends May 31st. I may take the first legal bear I see for my first. It took four years to draw the tag.

Well congrats on the tag! Do you have a treee stand setup over your bait or near it? Id say you just need to spend some time in the area. ALso remember bears are active all day so dont quite to early in the day.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom