Beaver Early rifle.

I hope better than last year. Me and my brothers hunt it every year with either muzzy or archery. I see fewer bucks each year and not just from the road either. We put in some long hikes last year and only saw a few small bucks. We ended up shooting two bucks for the freezer (out of 4 hunters), but were a little disappointed.

We will be back at it again this year with muzzies, but aren't setting our expectations very high. At least we will be in the outdoors creating memories with our families.

Ha! Sorry, I thought I was still in the Deer Forum. Looks like you are after elk. I can say that we always see decent bulls on the Beaver unit every year during the archery and muzzleloader deer seasons. In fact, last year me and my two daughters stalked within 60 yards of a nice bedded bull before he noticed us.

I don't have a reason to think this year's elk herd will be changed much from the past few years.

LAST EDITED ON May-17-19 AT 08:54PM (MST)[p]>Ha! Sorry, I thought I
>was still in the Deer
>Forum. Looks like you
>are after elk. I
>can say that we always
>see decent bulls on the
>Beaver unit every year during
>the archery and muzzleloader deer
>seasons. In fact, last
>year me and my two
>daughters stalked within 60 yards
>of a nice bedded bull
>before he noticed us.
>
>I don't have a reason to
>think this year's elk herd
>will be changed much from
>the past few years.

Came across a nice youngish bull (5-6 years old) on the deer muzzy hunt in the 340-350 range. Great front end, thirds and respectable back. This year he should fill out very nicely and will tempt the trigger for sure. The other bull of note that I enjoyed coming across was a really young bull (3-4 years old) that was a 6x6 with foundation - obviously a few years away. However, it had a G1 that was at least 24" which I had to laugh as I am sure it prevents any hopes of eating up hill as it curved down - tough life.

I would definitely like to have that tag in my pocket. Good luck it will be fun. Post pictures.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom