Beginers bow

400bull

Very Active Member
I am looking at getting my 13 year old boy a bow to start shooting. I will be taking him down tonight to have him sized up so I know what type of bow he will fit into. At 5?10? tall I am going to guess his draw length to be right around 27?-28?. I have found a lot of youth bows that I think he would be happy with this year but their max draw length ends at 27?-28?. The only two that I have found with a draw length longer the 28? and offered in LH is the Diamond Razor Edge and the PSE Rally. Out of these two bows which one do you think would be the best bow for a beginner?

400bull

My wife has a razor edge nice smooth bow put a string stop on it its dead quiet .shes drawing 50lb and id say its well enough to hunt with to .The onley other bow i think is a good beginner is the mission but have no idea if you can get them in left hand

I wouldn't be afraid to get him an adult bow with a 55-70 pound draw. Just remember the better quality equipment you get the less it will cost you in the long time. If he is 13 and a 28 draw he will out grow the bow in a year ir two where if he gets a adjustable draw adult bow he can keep it for every if wanted

>the razor edge goes out to 29 draw and you can get about 62lb

I wouldn't be afraid to get
>him an adult bow with
>a 55-70 pound draw. Just
>remember the better quality equipment
>you get the less it
>will cost you in the
>long time. If he is
>13 and a 28 draw
>he will out grow the
>bow in a year ir
>two where if he gets
>a adjustable draw adult bow
>he can keep it for
>every if wanted

I need to have him sized up to make sure, I doubt that he will be able to handle a adult sized bow. He is cross-eyed dominate so I will teach him to shoot left handed. I would be surprised if he will be able to handle a bow much over 30 lb. Besides that I would much rather him get the fundamentals down with a light draw weight until he has it perfected. Once he has the fundamentals down I will then start to increase his draw weight.

400bull

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom