Belly Warming Clam Chowder

Blank

Long Time Member
Delicious and so creamy! Yum.

67546A64-DAE2-4549-8AAD-3A2CD5260123.jpeg

46889F70-CA7C-4B88-BA01-50B2A116EB40.jpeg

Had a nice PM, so figured I better add a little comment.

"Hi there, sorry, not really a secret. What you see is basically what it takes. If I had a nice winter day, I would do it all with fresh cubed potatoes and do a bigger batch. Was hungry and felt like eating quickly so cheated with the potato soup. I wanted real bacon, but was out so used a 1/4 cup of bacon bits. Caution-very salty, so don't add any salt until the end and you can taste it. I also used one soup can of skim milk to thin it down a bit. When I was getting towards the end, it still needed a little kick so added some red pepper flakes. It was almost too "pure white" from the cream, so I had some lobster bouillon base from a bisque I made last week - added 1 tablespoon to give a little color and more seafood taste."

I love making soups for lunch!!!

IMG_3377.jpeg

I've never used soups to make it but it might be even better. I used to love Ivar's in Seattle. Not the shack but the restaurant. It was so rich. Add Oyster Crackers and it is superb. I'm going to try yours.

Did you add the carrots and celery to the soup or eat them raw. If in the soup how long are you cooking it to soften them?

This is another soup I’m going try, I love soup/slews and this one looks dang good……. and quick!

Thanks for sharing.

Grated the carrots into the pan with melted butter, diced the shallot, celery, and one clove of garlic into the mix. Sautéed for about 5 minutes. Added in the bacon, and clams and liquor to de-glaze, and brought back up to a boil. Added all the soups and one extra can of milk. Ready in about 30 minutes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom