BEST AR-15 OUT OF THE BOX???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
OK You AR Nuts!

Seems to be lots of Choices out there Now days?

Seems like when I was Younger Colt Ruled the Roost!

Wondering what the Best out of the Box on the market AR-15 is today?

Post Em Up & Thanks!

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

Define best? Accuracy, reliability, looks?

There are a few upper tier manufactures out there such as Noveske, LaRue, Daniel Defense, Spikes. Colt still make excellent ARs as well.

Im a fan of Seekins myself.

I didn't like the Colt as much for varmint-level accuracy. The others mentioned are all great.

I have been really happy with all my Rock Rivers.

Grizzly

PS. Tristate, please be an adult and respect my wishes that you do not respond to any of my posts. I, in turn, will do you the courtesy of not responding to any of yours. I simply do not wish to converse with you.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-13 AT 10:53PM (MST)[p]Everything mentioned above is excellent. I would also look at Black Rain Ordnance. They make some nice stuff as well. It really depends on what you're looking for though.

I'm biased since I'm a Colt man from their handguns to their rifles and I have had nothing but good luck with my Colt AR's. My work rifle is the Colt 6940 and I'm very impressed with that rifle for its intended use. The monolithic rail seems to help with accuracy and in my opinion makes the rifle look correct. I have around 6,000 rounds through that rifle now and can only think of a handful of fail to fire or failure to feed, and those are probably related to my reloads. I'm pretty freaky about keeping that rifle clean though and the most rounds I have ever fired before a big cleaning was 500 rounds.

I have a new rifle that I'm starting to play with that so far has really impressed me. The Robinson XCR light is showing some promise as being a favorite. I'm really liking the piston driven rifle compared to the gas system. With the Robinson you get the looks of a AR but with the AK piston style reliability. I'm not a fan of the AK looks, so the Robinson kind of fit my situation the best. Not that there is a lot of recoil with the AR's but the Robinson for me has even less recoil. I also like the fact the Robinson does not need to be cleaned nearly as well as other AR's that I have used.

>Define best? Accuracy, reliability, looks?
>

Ya!

That'd be part of it!

>There are a few upper tier
>manufactures out there such as
>Noveske, LaRue, Daniel Defense, Spikes.
>Colt still make excellent ARs
>as well.
>
>Im a fan of Seekins myself.
>

I'm not Building an AR unless I can find somebody that builds Customs?

That's why I kinda mentioned: Best Out of the Box?

Keep the Replies coming Guys & Thanks!

Smith & Wesson builds Nice Weapons,how bout their AR's?

Lots of choices out there. Ive got a Remington, Smith, and Sig. Personally I like the Sig the best from my little collection. However I shoot it the least. For sh+ts and giggles I have a slide fire on the Smith, spray and prey shooting. The remington shoots well and is set up for Prairie Doggin.
My next one will be either Rock River or Daniels. Just want one.

You dont have to build your own to use the manufactures I mentioned above. They all sell complete rifles, the catch is that they tend to have a long wait time for a direct order. That is unless you stumble across one at a retailer.

If you were you were wanting to head to someplace like cabelas and buy one today, I would look for a Colt or Sig. I forgot about Rock Rivers but they are decent and you can find them at online retailers now.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-13 AT 09:21AM (MST)[p]I built this one this past spring. Was a lot of fun building. It does have a Vortex scope on it. All my parts are from different companies, just bought them as I found them and liked the looks of the different parts.
Nothing Fancy or Expensive, spent $900 without the scope.

The nicest I've seen out of the box and have a great reputation are Noveske but you are going to spend some coin and will likely have to wait a while. BCM and rainier are nice also in addition to some of the ones mentioned above.

I went a different route and built a few this spring. There are some additional initial expenses for specialty tools but they can be built in a couple hours, it's not difficult and there is a ton of info for doing it available online. I really enjoyed the builds and ended up doing 3 instead of just 2.

Rock River Arms make some very good production guns.....I have their ATH model and it will shoot 1/2" groups with most ammo I feed through it. The Coyotes and coons don't like it at all!

They have a new rifle out now that I'm sorely tempted to order....

A couple pics...

47741lj.jpg

7261ljp.jpg

Colt is still a go to gun, I won't ever sell my LE 6920. Some other great companies out there now days too. Top tier - Larue, Noveske. I also really like Bravo Company Machine (BCM), Spikes tactical, and I have had good luck an been impressed with Stag Arms especally for the price. Rock Rivers are decent, but use commecial diameter buffer tubes which makes it so I can't swap stocks around. I really like the mid length gas system and an SPR length 18" barrel for what I like to do, but luckily there is something for everyone. Good luck.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

I swore i'd never waste a dime on one of these black plastic pieces of un needed garbage, but when they said i wasn't going to be able to ever buy one again, i, like a million others did, went out and bought one. To my surprise, it's kinda fun!!
Mine is the Smith and Wesson M&P that i topped off with the Vortex Strike Force red dot scope. I'm into this set up about $1500 at this point.

SampW_zpsff71630d.jpg

Colt is still the standard, and in particular, the 6920. There are others that are "better" - noveske, daniel defense, larue, lmt, etc - but usually they cost about twice as much. You'll be getting a "better" rifle, but at that point, it's incrementally smaller gains.

Vi Et Armis Invictus Maneo

I saw a Colt at Walmart in Vernal for $1100 last week. That's a good price for a great gun.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

>elkassassin, shame on you!
>
>Zigga and 440 broke out in
>hives when they saw this.:)
>
>
>Eel

Well Eel!

AR's are 'Black'!

Them two like certain things about Black!

They still don't get it!

I hope both of them finish throwing their hands in the air & Hand all their Guns in!

Maybe they'd like to see their favorite Elk/Deer Guns Cut/Melted down?

Bess, check this guy out... He builds some bad ass rifles at a decent price for a custom..I'll have him build a tricked out 223 AI someday..He has a lot of diferent chambering options as well..

http://www.dtechuppers.com/

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Nice Zigger

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

If it's not a Colt it's a copy. Aside from that, Rock River out of the box value is a close second.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Lots of good replies above and Colt is still the standard.

Notice no one said Bushhamster? (clue) And there are many better in quality than DPMS.

Smith's M&Ps are doing very well.

Mine are BCM and LMT.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom