best bet for non res youth rut hunt?

A

averagejoehunter

my buddy wants to take his kid elk hunting since we can't get him drawn here in az.he is 14 and would like to hunt during the rut with a rifle or muzzleloader.what would be a good choice?pm me if you don't want the world to see.we would really like to take him hunting this year.i will trade any az info for info ont his matter.i love the barter system!

any help would be awesome!
thanks
ajoe

I know you posted this in the Clorado forum. But I would take a look at the Youth hunts in New Mexico. Better quality of bulls and closer for you in Arizona. Some of the draw odds according to the Huntin fool are in the 30 percent range to draw. Any of the 16 units, or 17 would be awesome. I believe 34 (maybe 36) offers a rifle tag that starts like the 28th of Sept. Would be terrific.

Bragabit has it right. NM has excellent youth elk hunts. If I remember right the 34 hunt had 33% draw odds last year for NR unguided youth with late Sept dates. Colorado's only special youth elk hunts are extra time in Dec/Jan if a youth failed to kill a cow during the regular season. BUT Colorado does give youth a big break in price. In my opinion both of these states are proactive to get youth to join the ranks, just in a different manner.

I believe the NM hunts are ES. Good luck to your friend.

Most if not all of the premier units in New Mexico have either a youth or mobilty impaired hunt on them right after the archery hunts before the regular muzzleloader and rifle hunts. Most of them will start on Oct 4.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom