Best boot insoles

MountainSqwabler

Breaking in a pair of kenetreks and the factory insoles seem kinda crap. Anyone have any recommendations for good yet affordable insoles other than the sheep's feet or whatever they are?

Kenetrek has “supportive” insoles I’ve had before. They definitely felt better on my arches. Wish they had them for an option when you buy the boot in the first place. I don’t know if they’re anywhere near as good as something as a sheep feet insole.

I’ve been real happy with sheep feet insoles.

My main problem with insoles is that they are either too high profile making my heel not sink in where it's supposed to, or the ball of my foot has not enough padding. I Don't need high arch support or anything really.

I’ve been real happy with sheep feet insoles.
$270 for insoles?...wow!!

I’m telling ya. Green super feet will make even kenetreks almost wearable. They go in everyone one of my boots . Don’t need to spend 300 bucks

I guess they do say high arch. I’ve been wearing them for years and I don’t particularly have high etched I don’t think. When I started buying them they were the kinda all purpose insole they made. Check um out, I don’t think there too dramatic of an arch but yeah, everyone is different

I have a neuroma in the ball of my foot and super feet are way to hard for my particular feet. I wear cheaper insoles that have more padding plus socks with additional padding in the sole area. I trade out insoles about 2 times/year to renew padding…but I wear boots every day at work.

I would also agree to toss kennetreks in the garbage. The mtn hikers I wore were like I was standing on stilts on rocky side hills.

if you can get away with using a cheap Chinese insole go for it ? But if you have issues with your feet a custom set of insole are worth every dollar. Grandad said take care of your feet and A$$ and you will never have issues hunting ?.

I have a neuroma in the ball of my foot and super feet are way to hard for my particular feet. I wear cheaper insoles that have more padding plus socks with additional padding in the sole area. I trade out insoles about 2 times/year to renew padding…but I wear boots every day at work.

I would also agree to toss kennetreks in the garbage. The mtn hikers I wore were like I was standing on stilts on rocky side hills.
Did you actually give them time to break in? I've been wearing my kenetrex every day for a few weeks now and every day they are getting better and better it seems. Seemingly their factory insoles are hard at first but the more I wear them, the softer and more comfortable they are becoming. But I don't disagree, at first they were hard like a rock.

if you can get away with using a cheap Chinese insole go for it ? But if you have issues with your feet a custom set of insole are worth every dollar. Grandad said take care of your feet and A$$ and you will never have issues hunting ?.
I'm debating on just biting the bullet and ordering some sheep's feet.

Get Your best athletic shoe and pull the insole out of it and start playing with it on different hikes.

Breaking in the kennetrek mtn hunters wasn’t an issue. Their soles and heels are so high off the ground that it’s like standing on stilts. Super unstable hiking and even standing on rocky hillsides. The chance of tweaking/twisting an ankle is super high and they are literally dangerous!

I work on rough terrain every day at work and have never had the same issue with other boots. I would highly recommend a different boot unless you hike flat, rockless country.

I have Morton's in both feet

These work good for me. I wear crispi Nevada's(yes I have a manbun, a 6.5 and am currently looking for a Tacoma)
Screenshot_2023-06-19-19-16-39-10_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg

Like JPickett said scrap the Kennetreks or sell them to someone that has already ruined their feet wearing them !! Super Feet green are good & SOLE makes great insoles also !! I have a few buddies that use 10 Second & Form & say they are really good also !!!

Not sure about the best? Im a fan and have superfeet green in my boot. Made a trip to the Good Feet store last summer and have their system too.

Literally just ordered some stuff for my feet before I got onto this thread. I have that Mortons Neuroma in both feet. Foot doctor issued me some Powerstep insoles and stuck some metarsal pads on the bottom to alleviate the pressure on the ball of my foot. Seems to work pretty good and doesn't break the bank. Worked good in my Crispi Nevadas. They seem to have a wide toe-box which helps as well.

I will see if I can attach a pic of the pads.

foot pads.jpg

I’m telling ya. Green super feet will make even kenetreks almost wearable. They go in everyone one of my boots . Don’t need to spend 300 bucks
I have high arches and the green superfeet are an instant upgrade I always swap to. They work very well for me.

I have heard sheep feet work well but I refuse to pay the price they ask for them. I use super feet hiker max and they have been good to me

Breaking in the kennetrek mtn hunters wasn’t an issue. Their soles and heels are so high off the ground that it’s like standing on stilts. Super unstable hiking and even standing on rocky hillsides. The chance of tweaking/twisting an ankle is super high and they are literally dangerous!

I work on rough terrain every day at work and have never had the same issue with other boots. I would highly recommend a different boot unless you hike flat, rockless country.
Total agree with this. I hate my Kenetreks. Most expensive and worst hiking bout I have ever own. I have not put them into the garbage yet because of how much I pay for them but that is where they will end up some day. I wore them plenty to break them in and it is impossible to break in that hard sole so you don’t feel like you are going to roll your ankle in the rocky terrain. They started leaking early on as well so wet feet all the time.

I use Sole insole’s and they have been good to me. You put them in the oven then in your bout and put your foot in your bout to form fit.

Good luck with your Kenetreks. Before you fall in love with them, try working through a Boulder field mountain side which is common in areas I hunt. You will likely change your mind about them in a hurry. Good luck.

I have sheepfeet and have mixed thoughts so far. They're fine but I'm just undecided if they're $200+ fine or not. Waiting to reserve judgement until after I've worn them in the mountains with a pack.

I used the Lathrop & Sons insoles the years prior and I do really like those too though.

I'll be honest, the kenetrek soles are hard AF, super durable boot though and Idk if I can soak up the price I payed for them to get some new danners or anything

I hate my Kenetreks. Most expensive and worst hiking bout I have ever own. I have not put them into the garbage yet because of how much I pay for them but that is where they will end up some day. I wore them plenty to break them in and it is impossible to break in that hard sole so you don’t feel like you are going to roll your ankle in the rocky terrain.
This^^^^

Used to run kenetreks a decade or so ago and won’t do it again. All three pairs I had never made more than one full season. As far as insoles I’ve battle with this for years after breaking all the metatarsals in my right foot twice now. The best thing I’ve found personally is going through lathrop and sons and having custom orthotics made. Best advice is never take short cuts and to cheap when it comes your feet. It literally can make or break a hunt as you probably know.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom