Best boots for the price

I'd go try on several boots in the $200-250 range at a store and find what fits your foot the best. Then I'd scour forums/ebay for a gently used pair that falls in your budget.

Also depends on how intense of a boot you need. If you're just looking for a normal hiking type shoe you'll have some decent options. I can't think of a new $100 8"+ hunting boot that isn't a waste of money, though. Maybe some Keens that have been discounted.

In the $200 range I'd be looking at Lowa, Salomon, Asolo, or Zamberlan

>>Around 100$
>
>
>That's about the price of a
>good tennis shoe nowadays!

Ain't that^^^ the truth!

I think for that money you'll need to find a closeout somewhere and buy them and hope they fit properly.
Zeke

Sir give me a call. The Az Deer Association was just given several cases of very high end hunting boots of various sizes to raffle / sell . I will sell you a pair for 100 plus shipping if I have your size. Dave 602-228-1719 or [email protected]

I bought a pair of Cabelas Iron Ridge boots a few years back and I must say they have been a very pleasant surprise. They are a bit on the heavy side but are a well made, quality boot that I have put through the wringer. Full leather, gore-tex and thinsulate. Very hard to beat for $119.

Rocky boots used to be pretty good for near that price.

They pale in comparison to Meindl and Kennetrek.

What size are you after?

>I bought a pair of Cabelas
>Iron Ridge boots a few
>years back and I must
>say they have been a
>very pleasant surprise. They
>are a bit on the
>heavy side but are a
>well made, quality boot that
>I have put through the
>wringer. Full leather, gore-tex and
>thinsulate. Very hard to
>beat for $119.

=
+1

My boy wears these. Very few boots in this range that are gore tex. Pretty well made for that price.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

I wore a pair of Cabelas silent stalk boots for a couple seasons . Decent lightweight gore tex boots for $125 . Good boots if you're on a budget and don't hunt really rough country regularly. Just like glass , good boots are worth every penny. If you can , save up and buy good ones .

>Irish Setter Elk Hunters can be
>had on sale for a
>couple hundred. Hell of a
>boot for the money. mtmuley
>

Good Enough Boot mt!

But they are HEAVY!

[font color="blue"]dude has his Resume turned in to be Hillary's
Intern[/font]

Stay away from Rockys unless you drive to your blind, walk 200 yards and sit down.

You are probably good for couple of years if you try some of the suggestions mentioned, but I think you should think of a boot purchase as an investment. Good boots can mean the difference between a great hunt and a horrible one.

If there is any way possible, I would double your budget and do without something else. A $300 pair of boots is a MUCH better deal on sale for $200 than a $150 pair marked down to $100.

The 4 things I will NOT skimp on is boots, long johns, raingear, and sleeping bag. Don't get those right and you can have a miserable time hunting.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I Kinda like a Hunting Boot with about 400 grams of insulation!

Not Too Hot!

Not Too Cold!

Ya!

I've seen times when 2,000 grams woulda been Nice!

Just don't like Boots that Sweat your Feet!

Intern[/font]

There is no real answer since all of our feet are different. Like Tx I won't skimp on my boots, but I really get out and hike them. You'll have to try a few and will likely make a couple if mistakes in the process.

My son is a HotShot firefighter, and in eleven years he has worn every boot available, and approved for their service in BLM and USFS. His absolute favorite is the LOWA high top, and he swears by it. When you spend 2000 hours per season in a pair of boots, you know what works and what doesn't!!!!!

>My son is a HotShot firefighter,
>and in eleven years he
>has worn every boot available,
>and approved for their service
>in BLM and USFS. His
>absolute favorite is the LOWA
>high top, and he swears
>by it. When you spend
>2000 hours per season in
>a pair of boots, you
>know what works and what
>doesn't!!!!!

So Blank?

Exactly which Lowa Boot is it that Your Son Likes?

Intern[/font]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-16 AT 03:23PM (MST)[p]Lowa makes a stellar boot. Hunter model if you need insulation, Tibet if you don't.

Sorry, didn't get a chance to follow up. He and half his crew wear the Lowa Baffin Pro, an all leather and leather lined serious boot. The other guys and gals are split on the Kenetrek or the Whites. They are all 300-400 dollar boots, but you get what you pay for.

They hump a 50-70# pack and tools every day, all day, for six months and their feet are their lives. He figured he had 6000 hours in his last set.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-16 AT 09:14PM (MST)[p]

Intern[/font]

>Meindl perfects are hard to beat
>

+1 on the perfekts, only boot I've worn for 7 years since I got that nasty plantar fasciitis crap. I had orthotics made and use them as well but that boot was an absolute life saver for me. But their sure not cheap.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom