best boots,mendel?

940jones

This is the right forum for this question. what boot works best for you guys. Ive wore most of em out there and am looking at the mendel in the perfect hicker or hunter. Horn huntin is the hardest thing on boots next to hound hunting in the rocks.

Meindl have my vote for EVERY application! :)

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

Look at the Cabelas brand Mountain Hiker Elite. They have been great boots and for the price you can't beat them. I have had two pairs of them and have loved them. They have little to no break in time, lace to toe, and are vibram soles. I'm sure your looking for something much more expensive but for the middle of the road boot it is the way to go

---------------------------------------
"you can't fix stupid"

I used to wear Danner elk hunters...probably at least 20 years in the Snake River breaks hunting chukars....but when Danner changed the design of their boots I was blowing the heel counters out of a pair of boots in less than a year....so I went to Mendels....which I bought through Cabela's and for the most part they have worked well. Cabela's guarantee is a good thing to have as well with boots used for extreme duty. This past year I bought a pair of the Kennetrek mountin extreme 400's and have to say that so far they are the best boots I have ever used....super feet (green) hunting insoles add to their fit and feel.

thats the type of response that i was after. i have a gift cert. for cabelas, is why i was asking about the mendels.
i honestly had not seen lowa or kennetrek. i did find them on line and are very impresive. and spendy. but. you get what you pay for. thanks.

On the boot subject I will strongly recommend checking this source online, they are called Bakers Boot & Clothing Company they are in Baker City Oregon. I was impressed with the place!

I bought a pair of Danners (they sell several brands though) online from them and got free shipping as well as $15 off straight out just for buying from them. I saved over $35 as compaired to going down to Sportsmans and paying full price plus tax.

Here is their link, IMO worth looking into.

http://www.bakershoe.com/

Got this right off their site...

Free UPS or Free USPS to Canada on all Danner, Danner Boots, Lowa, Lowa Hiking Boots, or White's Boots thru March 5th, 2009!

^BIGBONE^

I have a pair of Meindl Ibex boots and I think they are a great boot. I intended to buy either the Perfekt hiker or hunter, but I didn't like the way they fit. I have heard nothing but good things about Kennetrek and Lowas from friends who own them.

if you need boots, and hunt moderate to rugged, not supper rugged, but rugged mountain rocks and some mixed scree with sub alpine type environment, you will love the perfect hunter. Even if your a hill country hunter or pacing around on the great planes, the perfect hunter is the bomb. The alaskan would be a better choice for more rugged rocks, and alpine dall sheep mountain goat country. If you need boots, and you have that gift cert, buy a set of perfect hunters and you'll be very happy. . .

I own the perfect, the alaskan, and the canadian mendle's and I love them all. I've tried the others, but I'm sticking with mendle.

Tony

www.tonybynum.com

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

I have most all and I love Lowa. I tried on a pair at Bass Pro Shop that felt awesome they cost around 450. Has anyone bought a pair? I don't know the brand name.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-09 AT 02:33PM (MST)[p]I have the cabelas alaska hunter made by meindl and they are awesome! I usually toast a pair of boots in about two shed seasons but these have already made it through two and honestly show hardly any wear, plus cant beat cabelas customer guarantee!

I have the Irish setter elk trackers. Definitely will never buy another boot type again. They are a higher mid shin boot but really comfortable. I stood in running swift water up to the top of the boot for 45 minutes, never had a leak. They are comfortable, durable, and warm with the 200-800 milligram thinsulate options. If your looking for warm and dryness, I would obsolutely recommend them. You can wear them in snow, rain, mud and they wash off with a hose nice. The traction is unbelievable, but dont collect mud galore. Plus you dont have to wear like 3 pairs of socks. I just wear regular cotton polys (1 pair). Good boot, little spendy, but definitely worth it.

I have the the Meindls and they are too stiff for my liking. The soles are very stiff. I think the Lowa sheep hunters and the Kenetrek's are the way to go.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom