Best buck to date ??

Huntnful

Recently killed my best buck to date. 2 out of state scouting trips and then 11 days on the mountain passing on several 160” type bucks, ended with my first 180” buck. It felt good to pass on deer and actually have it pay off in the end.

Glassed him 1.2 miles away and was pretty sure he would bed soon, but didn’t actually watch him bed. I made the hike over there, but it was so thick I knew if I turned him up, it would be close. I dropped my pack a little ways back and just started slowly easing over the ridge to expose the drainage where I’d seen him last. Only 100 yards away he laid bedded exactly where I thought he would be. I shot him in his bed with no idea I was in the area.

IMG_9109.jpeg

IMG_9185.jpeg

IMG_9216.jpeg

IMG_9271.jpeg

Awesome buck, and gorgeous cape! Congrats on a mature buck. The hardest buck to pass is the first, it gets easier with time.

My good buddy and I actually drew tags together. He killed this great 176” buck on opening morning also. Took me 9 more days to find one of equal quality haha.

His buck had 38” of mass paired with 24” main beams and a 23.5” inside spread. 10” G3’s and right G4. He had a solid ass frame on him. His short left G4 is the only thing that kept him from going 180”.

IMG_8772.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom