Best electronic predator call

DonVathome

Very Active Member
What is the best electronic predator call out there (for coyotoes)? Do you use any kind of decoy with it?

Also what about the best coyote howl call?

Foxpro is one of the top ones.
Love mine.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Get some good hand calls. There is nothing as fun and satisfying as calling and killing a coyote with your own breath!

Traditional >>>------->

I have the Johnny Stewart. I am not going to recommend this call. The first problem I had was the wire on the plug for the speaker broke. I fixed it ad it still works but I should not have had that problem. Next is the on off switch doesn't work that great. Sometimes when you install a sound card it doesn't work and I have to slide it in a couple times.That said I have shot a lot of coyotes with it.

I also bought a radio shack amp that I hook to the speaker and I can hook it to a MP3 player. I have tons of sounds I got for free on the web. I have shot a couple dogs using small dogs and chicken sounds. The radio shack amp has a speaker so a guy can use a mp3 player and just the amp. That makes a small user friendly player that will get the job done. The Amp cost a few years ago was 14.00 and mp3 players are real cheep. Ron

9-11-10coyote15.jpg

Fox Pro is a great caller...........

-John Wayne

That was a pretty good magazine article about electronic calls.

They sure have alot of other species available now-a-days with those E-calls.

Robb

FoxPro CS-24 is what I and everyone I hunt with uses. Best call out there IMO. As for decoy I have used the mojo critter and the black jack. I think the black jack was better for being small and compact, but it was a lot louder then the mojo.

As for calls they are all pretty good on FoxPro's website. Anything that sounds like a coyote or dying will work.

I would recommend a Foxpro. But really they are pointless. They simply are not needed and are not worth the money. Get a variety of different open reed style calls and learn to make a variety of different sounds with them. While many people claim they are so great, a good hand caller is just as effective with out the added cost of the call, charging, dead batteries, etc. The only situation where I like a call is when I want to look downwind of the call but want the call 80 yards up wind. Usually I call with a partner so it is not an issue. Also since I am always packing a lion tag here in CO I can't pack the ecaller...

$199.99 Fox Pro Spitfire...... gets the job done for me.

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

For yotes I have heard far better to sit downwind from call and have them NOT looking at your location when approaching? I like the idea of no movement and predator not coming to you - but to call instead.

Yotes in OH miss nothing, very smart.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom