Best hunter Ed online course

theox

Very Active Member
Hey all I’m trying to get my 10 year olds hunter safety done.
What is the best online course for it?
DWR site has 3 to choose from. 2 are 29$ and 1 is 13$
Is there any difference between anyone messed with these?
Thanks

I have done the $13 2 times with my kids. One I just finished last night. They still have to do the field day class and test. Plus, I feel hands on with mom or dad is the best learning anyways. Save the money and spend more 1 on 1 with the kid is best in my mind.

Do you guys know what the difference is between the two, are they both online or is the $29 one a classroom?

I didn't the more expensive one with my daughter. It wasn't as boring as the less expensive one. I thought we previewed both before starting? Can you not do this anymore? It had better graphics it was more interactive.

Do you guys know what the difference is between the two, are they both online or is the $29 one a classroom?

I believe there are two ways to get your hunter-ed:

1. Online course + in person field day--It's my understanding that you still have to do a field day no matter which online option you choose.

2. Instructor Led Course--each class meets 1-2 nights per week and it goes on for 3-6 weeks.

I signed my wife up and she just finished the $13 one. I figured all 3 options would be boring (sounds like maybe not?) so I just did the cheapest option. Then, I found a field day that was close by and went to it with her and it lasted about 6 hours.

I have done the $13 2 times with my kids. One I just finished last night. They still have to do the field day class and test. Plus, I feel hands on with mom or dad is the best learning anyways. Save the money and spend more 1 on 1 with the kid is best in my mind.
The 29$ ones are online as well just was wondering if there is a pro to the more expensive ones or what the deal is

I didn't the more expensive one with my daughter. It wasn't as boring as the less expensive one. I thought we previewed both before starting? Can you not do this anymore? It had better graphics it was more interactive.
I don’t see a preview option.

The instructor led class is by far the best option. In my opinion that way there is more hands on experience.
The online course also requires a field day with "hands on" experience where they do the shooting, crossing fences, etc. It's a much faster option than taking the full instructor led course.

My opinion is the best hands on experience for your kid or wife or whoever is going to be out in the field with you as an experienced hunter.

The online course also requires a field day with "hands on" experience where they do the shooting, crossing fences, etc. It's a much faster option than taking the full instructor led course.

My opinion is the best hands on experience for your kid or wife or whoever is going to be out in the field with you as an experienced hunter.

You are correct about field day but in the instructor led class you have more time to spend with each person in the class.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom