Best Maps for CO

devobrodie

Hi Any advice on the best maps for CO? I buy Flatline maps for AZ and they are really good, coated so they don't fall apart if they get wet, and are more or less hunting unit specific so you don't need to buy 4 to cover the unit you are interested in, does anyone make something similar for the CO units? Thanks!

Depending on what area you are interested in there is a great waterproof map that shows private, public, contours, etc, but for the life of me I cant remember the name. I'll dig it up after while and post it for you. Best I remember the map maker only covered the northwest and north central Colorado units but may have added more by now. For everything else I use mytopo as suggested above.

I bought the digital version of HuntData for the entire state and it is quite good if you can stand using a tablet to view the maps.

I also build my own using Google Earth and then download the details to my GPS.

"Hunt Explore Colorado" is the name of the maps in the NW corner. I am not sure if they make 22 or not, but it'd be worth a look. The one bought I was about $16 (half the price of the Flatline maps in AZ) and is pretty much the exact same thing.

I used to use mytopo.com to buy my maps. The last one I bought was for my New Mexico hunt last year. I returned it to mytopo because it was not legible. It seems as though a lot of the maps I have are hard to read...they use light print or something. I won't buy from them anymore.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

OK, I bought a Hunt Explore and a My Topo map of unit 22, I like the Hunt Explore map better, easier to read, and has a coating that seems like it could handle getting a little wet, just my 2 sense if anyone else is looking to buy a map, they both have a few different details so I am keeping both.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom