Best to Burn Deer Points at 3?

I

ILArcher

With the new later rifle dates I am curious if it would be wise to burn my 3 deer points this year. Last time I waited until I had 10 and drew a late season tag in 551. It didn't seem like a good value for such a long wait. Goal would be a 170" with chance to see 180". I've also heard from others there's not much to gain in quality between 3 and 10 points. Also curious with the point creek if it might be better to wait for 4 to 5 points. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I have always thought that it makes more sense to find a unit, hunt it 3 or 4 times in 10 years. You will learn the area and probably take a better buck than hunting a unknown unit once every 10 years.

Find a unit that has the country you like to hunt and stick to it, the trick is finding the unit. Some of the best bucks are taken in Colorado out of units that take 1 to 3 points so start your search.

Rich

+1 on the above... the more pts you build up the more pressure you put on yourself...not worth it

It's all part of the experience Clarke!!!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom