Best Trail cam

RoadlessHunter

I was wonder what is the best trail cam for quality and price? I found an awesome water hole and I want to see what type of animals use it.

Guess I will pick on and try it out.

Reconyx, Browning, Spypoint and Bushnell cams have been great for me. But I’ve also used Cuddeback, moultrie and Primos that work fine too. Compare battery life, flash type and trigger speed and pick one in your price range.

This site has great review info:

The cell cams I use work great if there is cell coverage. I wouldn’t recommend a Bushnell cell cam. Lots of glitches. Spypoint seems to make a great cell cam But no increase in reliability or picture quality generally speaking over standard cams.

I have 4 or 5 Bushnell Trophy cams. excellent battery life and take good pics, had one for 7 or 8 years and still works fine. Have a Primos that lost the internal battery within 1 year and won't post time/date now. Trail cams are unpredictable sometimes just don't trigger don't know why. Used a friends Stealth Cam last fall and they take the best night pics I've seen but are very expensive. And I have had some that just don't work right out of the box, so get one that you can return, I've had good luck with Bushnell they just send a new one.

I have several Moultries that I have used for several years-they work real well. Battery life is good as well. I have 3 of them that have been used over 7 years most of the year. Reconyx also does real well.

You can't use the type that sends you pictures in Wyoming it's illegal.

Section 20. Use of Specialized Hunting Technologies and Equipment
(b) No person shall use any real-time video photography equipment, real-time
thermal or infrared imaging device, or other real-time imaging device outside the normal visible
light spectrum, capable of automatically transmitting an image, picture or video for remote
viewing, with the intent to spot, locate and aid in the taking of any big game animal, trophy game
animal or wild bison.
(c) A trail camera, or similar device, that can only store an image, picture or video
inside the device, and which does not have the capability to automatically transmit images in
real-time, is permissible for use in the taking of any big game animal, trophy game animal or
wild bison.

I went with the Cabelas Outfitter Gen 3 30MP No Glow Trail Camera. I will let everyone know if it's any good.

For the price...as mentioned a above, browning strike force or the bushnell trophy cams. I run them 5 months a year and I have had both brands for years. They come with easy set up, the straps will fit small diameter trees or big trees. Battery life is great and they always take clear pictures

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom