Big Horn Sheep Battle

Awesome, causes me to remember seeing sheep on my first archery elk hunt in the Big Horns in the mid-80's. Wish I would of started putting in then but as a poor college student I did not make the investment-what a mistake.

Very cool, what do you think are the ages of the rams? Which one is the best?? guesses on scores? I am trying to get better at judging since I am going to draw a tag this year, or so I hope!
To me, the collard rams are older but tight curls. The younger ram that's getting bloodied appears to be 5-6. The dark ram maybe 8-9. Hard to guess a score w/o knowing where they come from, average base size, etc. I'd guess nothing over 170.
Watching them gives me a headache!
I once observed 12 rams chase one poor ewe all over the mountain for an hour. They beat the crap out of each other but one ram was obviously the biggest and he did most of the breeding. It's pretty cool and crazy to watch.

To me, the collard rams are older but tight curls. The younger ram that's getting bloodied appears to be 5-6. The dark ram maybe 8-9. Hard to guess a score w/o knowing where they come from, average base size, etc. I'd guess nothing over 170.
Watching them gives me a headache!
I once observed 12 rams chase one poor ewe all over the mountain for an hour. They beat the crap out of each other but one ram was obviously the biggest and he did most of the breeding. It's pretty cool and crazy to watch.
OK, thanks, I was fairly close in what I was thinking, not much experience, but since my wife hunted last year for desert sheep I am slightly obsessed. Just hoping after 35-plus years of applying one day it will be my turn! We got to see some rams fighting on her hunt, it was a great experience!!

OK, thanks, I was fairly close in what I was thinking, not much experience, but since my wife hunted last year for desert sheep I am slightly obsessed. Just hoping after 35-plus years of applying one day it will be my turn! We got to see some rams fighting on her hunt, it was a great experience!!
Sheep hunting is more than slightly obsessing, so keep applying devo. It's bound to happen if you persist...kinda like those rams fighting in line for love!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom