Big picture posting question

soupcreek

I have been on MM for a number of years now, and have posted any number of photos on the other forums. I have always sized them down to get them to upload. I have a nice camera now and would like to share a few of the photos without pixelating them. What is the trick? The pictures on this photography forum from other members appear to be done without totally cutting down the quality of the photo. How do you do that?
Thanks,
Soupcreek

I have been using Photoshop Elements 7 to adjust lighting, contrast, saturation, and sharpness, then resizing to a max of 800x600 pixels. Using Photobucket to host the images, as opposed to loading directly to the post as an attachment and using up the site's webspace. Images do not appear as sharp after posting as before loading to photobucket due to the compression.

For a free photo editing program that is easy to use, I liked Photoscape much better than Picasa. More advanced would be Gimp.

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://dougkoepsel.smugmug.com/
CoyoteButtesSo_721.jpg

I also use Photoshop Elements 7 to resize and post. I also have a Flickr.com account and sometimes I will just grab the URL from there to post. I havent noticed a difference in quality. First post is uploaded from MM with elements and second is from Flickr.com account.
Sorry for the size difference, but you can still see as an example
2747_mg_5142_small.jpg

4568714103_4993a891d0_b.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom