BIG RAM DOWN!!!!!

treedagain

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-11 AT 01:38PM (MST)[p]That was the text i got when i sent a pic of my 2011 UT ram to one of my sheep hunting buddies...well after 17 yrs of applying 12 days of scouting and at 2:46 of my 9th day on the desert i was very fortunate to seal the deal on this pretty ram...
7236sam_0057.jpg

i would like to thank both my brothers for taking the time to share with me this OIL experiance with me, i could not have done it without you. Kurt from price thanks for coming out and glassing with me for the day, just wish that ram would have been a couple yrs older. in 9 days of hunting we were able to glass up 41 ewes and 11 rams. 4 of those rams were class4 8+ yrs old. zeke and bowhunt thanks for all the encouragement.

most of the information that i was able to get on my unit came from 2 very generous sheep guides. i was able to contact a few previous hunters that added to shorten my learning curve...one of them even went with me on a scouting trip.

9212sam_0058.jpg

6277sam_0037.jpg

8114sam_0012.jpg

Outstanding!....What a Great looking Ram...I'm so happy that it all came together for you. Congratulations!

thanks kevin....for the both the compliment and all the good info you gave me....the day i saw your great ram in your shop and our little talk after put me on the right track.

Very nice...congrats to all involved

Gun control is a good aim and a steady rest

Freaking awesome and congrats! 10 days til I leave for my sheep hunt and cant wait and this post didnt help cuz im trying to forget so it will come faster.

dryboot sorry about putting sheep back on your mind...lol...i hope you find the ram you have been dreaming about. enjoy your OIL hunt for the most unique animal you will ever hunt.

Fantastic,ALL WET BOOT, what unit? Hope you kill a monster, I have been drawing for over 35 years nothing yet, have maximum pts in Nevada,but probably never draw. Wife drew 2nd. year killed a great ram.I really do hope you kill a great ram , you are in for an experience, again good luck.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-11 AT 11:08PM (MST)[p]Great looking ram. I knew you would get a good one. You put in a lot of time and did alot of home work and it all paid off. Good job. I am getting excited for my sheep hunt.

Well done my friend, well done!
He's a beautiful ram and your hunt worked out to perfection for you. I'm truly happy for your success.
I'm glad I could be a part of your experience, albeit in a small way.

Best, Zeke

That is an awsome ram, congradulations plus that is some really cool country, it looks kind of familiar.....

Shoot em till their dead

Hey Tree...man! Great job and beautiful ram.
Sounds like you had a very classic desert sheep experience!
Anyone who thinks that desert sheep hunting is a synch has never been on a Utah desert hunt! You obviously put in the time and your hard work paid off. Congratulations to you and all the fine folks who helped you out. Most sheep hunts I have been a part of are very much a group effort. Anyway, very nice and thanks for sharing!

for those who were curious, he was aged by the DWR @ 9 1/2 yr and scored almost 153....more ram than i expected/hoped for but i am not complaining... seems just like yesterday i was sweatin it up in the desert....

Congrats again,

A desert is now on my to do list. with 0 points going into next years draw I should have a good chance! of not drawing before I die. :)
That is a Beautiful Ram!

Yup! He's a beaut! You're rightfully proud of your accomplishment..... and your trophy.

Best,
Zeke

Love the looks and coloring of those Nelsonites from the north .. great ram's taken with great friends and kin makes for greater memories.

Great looking Ram, love the background, that looks rough country.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Robb,
Treedagain's sheep really is a great ram. He did things "right".

I've spent more time (8 trips) in the area in which you applied so WHEN you draw, and if you want some crusty company, we'll go for a drive.

I doubt you'll be disappointed in your desert sheep unit.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom