Big Valley zone 5 lopes??

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Hi guys!! I've already got PM's from a couple of you and Thank You for those. I also have a couple contacts in the area looking out for a good lope for me. I don't know how that will pan out, maybe they'll find a good one on a place that i can hunt, maybe not.

This thread is in hopes that there might be a guy or two out there that might be able to help me on my quest for a good lope. I've taken two pretty good ones so far, a 75" lope in that zone in '87 and a 80" lope in Wyoming last season. I'd like one that would top these if possible, don't we all, and would appreciate any leads or help that i can get.

I'll be scouting the general area on weekends starting in August!

Thanks, Joey

Thanks Nick! I feel that you would help if you could!!

I don't really expect that very many here will be able it offer info. Most of our N. Kali guys are Fans of other zones and don't often visit within this unit. There could be though, a couple guys that do know the area, that don't post often, maybe even not at all. I have more than a couple good friends that go thru and read M.Muleys every day yet, for some reason, they don't care to post.

I'd like to think that i've pointed a lot of fellows one way or another but mostly in a better direction thru these past few years. Hopefully, it's my turn for a little help!

Joey
[email protected]

Sage we used to deer hunt south of Beiber alot and up in that country we saw some nice Goats . We saw a lot up in Lost Valley and Dixie valley but this was about 20 years ago so I don't know now. We also saw a few down low near the farmland and over by Hayden Hill but this was before the HUGE mine there.

Hope this helps but I know its old info.

Bill

Bill, Thanks!! I see that once you get up top south of Bieber, there is now a big refuge up there on some dry lake beds on the other side of wagon wheel flat. That refuge now covers some of my old stomping grounds. One of the local Forest Service Chopper pilots told me there was a pig of a lope out there on those beds but i never could find him. That country you mentioned is pretty good looking deer country, at least is was back 20 years ago...

Lost and Dixie Valleys, i'll have to check out!! Thanks again!!

Joey

TTT, Last chance to help a guy out! I'm packing and stacking! Finished my last project today and am off for the rest of the month if need be.

Big Valley Antelope(zone 5)...Here i Come!!! :)

Joey

Good luck on the hunt Sage, hope you get a book goat. I hope Steve can be of help to you when you get up there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom