BIgfoot

waxwing

used to believe that the Patterson - Gimlin film PGF was legit. After reading how Roger Patterson was quite the con man, I now feel that bigfoot was just a man in a monkey suit.

you'd think that with all the people who frequent the outdoors, especially hunters, definitive proof would of been found by now. Plus, some gun toter obviously would've of put a hole in the critter.

I do love all the docs and movies, especially the original Legend of Boggy Creek

Any of you folks come across 'foot?

When the Patterson video first came out, I happened to be taking a mammalogy class at Humboldt State College. My professor was invited up to Canada to see the video along with other Mammologists. When he got back he told the class it was a big hoax. No doubt in his mind.

Having said that, I saw Bigfoot tracks in the snow about 1972. Nothing else they could have been.

used to believe that the Patterson - Gimlin film PGF was legit. After reading how Roger Patterson was quite the con man, I now feel that bigfoot was just a man in a monkey suit.

you'd think that with all the people who frequent the outdoors, especially hunters, definitive proof would of been found by now. Plus, some gun toter obviously would've of put a hole in the critter.

I do love all the docs and movies, especially the original Legend of Boggy Creek

I know a guy who killed one. Kept it to himself to avoid the social media circus.

When the Patterson video first came out, I happened to be taking a mammalogy class at Humboldt State College. My professor was invited up to Canada to see the video along with other Mammologists. When he got back he told the class it was a big hoax. No doubt in his mind.

Having said that, I saw Bigfoot tracks in the snow about 1972. Nothing else they could have been.
would love to hear more about those tracks

would love to hear more about those tracks
I know it's April 1st, but this is true.

A friend and I were hiking/fishing in the Marble Mountain Wilderness of northern CA. When we left the parking lot we were the only vehicle there. We hiked up to Haypress Meadows and spent the night. The next morning we were on Sandy Ridge following the trail around the mountain to the fork in the trail that lead to Onemile Lake. It was pretty deep snow so we decided to forget the trail and hike straight up to the top and then straight down to the lake. The trails are meant for horses and are longer than if you just took a short cut.

We got to the top and could see the lake so we knew we weren't lost. We started down the other side and came across an opening covered in snow. Going through the opening was a set of tracks. It didn't register at first but the more we looked the more we couldn't figure out what made them. Bears have 4 feet but this had only 2 feet and they were shaped like human feet. They were about 5' apart. After a few minutes we just started laughing because neither one of us wanted to say it. They were nice and fresh and no mistake that something live made the tracks.

Eventually we went on down to the lake and spent 2 days there with no problems. We didn't have a camera. We never carried cameras back then.

You betcha……. he was belly up to the bar one night in Deadwood at the saloon #10 ! I believe he was eating Jacks Links sipping on some sort of bevarge with mountains on the can. Bout October 31st !

Okay I would agree the lack of hard evidence would say they don’t exist but I have a story that still bothers me. In 2014 a buddy and I flew in to the Frank Church wilderness in Idaho. We landed at a remote stripe and packed about 5 miles into a high basin. The second night I heard something moving outside the Teepee. I assumed it was a elk or maybe a black bear. So I gave a stern “get outta here bear” yell. Within seconds a fist sized rock hit the side of the teepee. It was so startling my buddy and I both jumped up and grabbed are guns simultaneously. Several other rocks of various sizes hit the ground, tent and trees around us. We jumped outta the tent guns up and headlights on. There were strange sounds that I have never heard in the woods before And you could here something/s move off. We did not get much sleep the rest of the night. We hunted the next day and discussed leaving. We decided it had to be people that wanted us out of their honey whole and we’re trying to scare us. That night we finally passed out and again in the middle of the night a repeat performance occurred. This time we fired a few shots into the trees and barely slept a wink. In the morning we packed up a headed back to the strip. There were several tents there but all the people were accounted for and they claimed nobody had even come in after us on account of the low ceiling for flying. We headed back out the opposite direction the next day and never had any more issues. I simply can’t explain what happened given our distance from people and being it was around 3 am both nights. I can’t wrap my head around who could have been out there. Whatever it was picked up and physically threw rocks. Even after a solid hunt my buddy won’t go back to the church with me at all and I fully admit it shook me up as well. Been back to the church a number of times since then but never to that same area.

Bigfoot…….. After hanging out here for about 12 years, there’s not a man on this Forum I trust more than eelgrass. If he say’s he’s seen a Bigfoot track, I believe him. There is a woman that lives here in this little town, she’s in her early 80s now. This woman is the most humble, unassuming, honest, to a fault, without fanfare or hint of doubt claims when she had an encounter with an alien UFO, up close. She is totally indifferent about whether you believe her or not.

Personally…….. I’m not a believer, just can’t make it work in my mind. JPickett’s logic is my logic as well. Just too much technology out there now not to have compelling evidence by now.

To those that have seen what they’ve seen, I would NEVER try to challenge what you saw…….. yet……. I certainly can’t explain what it was.

Last edited:
I’ve heard some stuff in the woods that is unexplainable. But I’m not a believer in any of it. Ufo, big foot, etc. Don’t really care. The bigger threat that we should all be concerned about is sharing the mountain with village idiots, like was mentioned in the above story by Pinlard. That was obviously some hunters that wanted you out of their hunting area. Sounds like it worked in their favor.

Do I believe in Bigfoot? I sure believe in what I saw. I'll just say that because humans don't understand something or can't logically explain something doesn't mean it can't exist. It just means that we don't understand, or we can't comprehend, or has yet to be "revealed", whatever that means.

1A37818E-196A-48CA-9985-E77B8B5B6D80.jpeg

Okay I would agree the lack of hard evidence would say they don’t exist but I have a story that still bothers me. In 2014 a buddy and I flew in to the Frank Church wilderness in Idaho. We landed at a remote stripe and packed about 5 miles into a high basin. The second night I heard something moving outside the Teepee. I assumed it was a elk or maybe a black bear. So I gave a stern “get outta here bear” yell. Within seconds a fist sized rock hit the side of the teepee. It was so startling my buddy and I both jumped up and grabbed are guns simultaneously. Several other rocks of various sizes hit the ground, tent and trees around us. We jumped outta the tent guns up and headlights on. There were strange sounds that I have never heard in the woods before And you could hear something/s move off. We did not get much sleep the rest of the night. We hunted the next day and discussed leaving. We decided it had to be people that wanted us out of their honey whole and we’re trying to scare us. That night we finally passed out and again in the middle of the night a repeat performance occurred. This time we fired a few shots into the trees and barely slept a wink. In the morning we packed up a headed back to the strip. There were several tents there but all the people were accounted for and they claimed nobody had even come in after us on account of the low ceiling for flying. We headed back out the opposite direction the next day and never had any more issues. I simply can’t explain what happened given our distance from people and being it was around 3 am both nights. I can’t wrap my head around who could have been out there. Whatever it was picked up and physically threw rocks. Even after a solid hunt my buddy won’t go back to the church with me at all and I fully admit it shook me up as well. Been back to the church a number of times since then but never to that same area.
Yeah I think you got run out by some fellas. No such thing as a “remote “ air strip in the church. Those things are towns in the fall. And a basin within five miles of one is definitely getting hunted.

Patterson’s son guided me on a sheep hunt in AK. I asked, he never answered.

Big foot was a possibility until the age of overwhelming surveillance in the woods started. What do guys think, few million trail cams have been hung all over North America since their inception? Yesh, anyone still believes in this isn’t a real critical thinker
Totally agree, there is no way trail cams by the tens of thousands on water sources everywhere wouldn't have captured the critter.

In 1996 my high school my friends and I were out wheelin in the snow, you know the deal, seeing how buried in the snow my 1974 Scout could get. Yes we were pretty much sober. This was in eastern WA, Ellensburg. It was getting dark and snowing hard so we headed down out of the hills. I caught some big tracks going across the road in my headlights so we stopped. This was 9/10 miles from the nearest anything in the NF. There were 14/15 inch human like tracks about a 5 foot stride coming down the hill across the road and back up the other side. The tracks were filling in with snow as we stood there going wtf. We all know knew what every animal track looks like in those woods and this was not one of them. We told a few people about it but you know how that went.
Still with all the game cams out there, someone would have had something by now you would think.

Totally agree, there is no way trail cams by the tens of thousands on water sources everywhere wouldn't have captured the critter.
Unless it's not a critter as we understand it. I'm not making any connection whatsoever between the two, but I've never seen a trail cam photo of God either.

I believe there’s more evidence of Bigfoot than god out there. Speaking of which do you poop in afterlife? What’s the sanitation situation up in heaven? Maybe you don’t eat? Not being able to eat bacon? Send me to hell if so! Maybe souls don’t eat but do you sweat? Is there stores to get clothes? Or do you show up to heaven wearing what you died in? What’s the housing like? I need at least 4000 sq ft. Is there sex in heaven? Are there mountains? Does it rain? I want snow. There better be snow.

I want snow. There better be snow.
I’m just spit balling here, but I got a C-note on you being put in Big Piney for eternity. Forced to hunt for sheds. Limited to the Midway Mall parking lot. Good news- there will be snow! Lots and lots of snow. Probably pretty windy too. Tad cold, considering it will always be February. Hope this helps…

Oh, SS.....stop it! :)
Thanks Eel...ss has issues. Any time I post something he sees Servehim and the fangs come out . I have reached out via PM to just talk but he just is content to slam me and my faith. I'll once again encourage you ss to give me a call as I'm always open to sharing how Jesus changed my Life in 1997
Jim Brown

Last edited:
This pic. Came off the Ute Rez. Hill creek, Mormon ridge road west of the book cliffs roadless.
View attachment 107243
My dad lives on the Navaho rez. When I was visiting him a couple of years ago he asked me to come with him behind his place a couple miles. He wanted to show me a yeti, he said. In the dried mud was a barefoot track, 16 inches long or more. Before the mud dried it had to be bigger. Pretty desolate area. He found it when he was looking for a horse. Also I was hunting in the pasayten 20 years ago. I ran into an old prospector and spent the night in his camp. He was a little crazy but had some interesting stories. He said there was a drainage he camped in where something would bother his camps. Also said he had cornered a juvenile Bigfoot once, back in the 50s. My brother in law lives in Northern Washington, and is a triplet. He got all interested when I told him about the Bigfoot area the old timer told me about. Him and his two siblings went and checked it out. He said the same thing happened to them. Something started hollering at them, and threw stuff at them during the night. He said it's hard not to be a believer after that experience. I teased him about it, until my sister in private told me to quit. She said it messed with him.

Thanks Eel...ss has issues. Any time I post something he sees Servehim and the fangs come out . I have reached out via PM to just talk but he just is content to slam me and my faith. I'll once again encourage you ss to give me a call as I'm always open to sharing how Jesus changed my Life in 1997
Jim Brown
We all have issues. Like the issue of you being a hypocrite mocking someone for believing in Bigfoot and you believe in Jesus. You claim there’s no evidence of Bigfoot as your reasoning to belittle someone’s beliefs. So where’s the evidence of god?

At least no one has been killed or molested looking for Bigfoot. Can’t say the same about Jesus.

I saved your number but I’m not going to call you. I don’t care Bigfoot saved your life in 1997. Or god, they are one in the same.

I’ve said the same thing about trail cameras, an other new technology that’s been put into use in the last 100 years…….. and the more technology that’s been introduced the more convinced I am there are no bigfoots or space aliens.

But I will not dispute what otherwise honest people have seen and reported.

Could it be, there are still “things” living here that we can’t see accept under unusual circumstances……… like molecules, atoms, bacteria, etc. were before technology allowed humans to see them…… that were always there, doing what they do but we didn’t know it and we explained natural phenomenon on any one of a thousand different things. Such as evil spirits caused illness……… seems so ridiculous now but it’s was as real as the sun rise and gravity to humans 200 years ago.

Is it possible there are still things on this earth and else where that we don’t know or understand. I have to believe there are.

Last edited:
People down south are always talking about how the wildlife department introduces big cats to control the deer. Everybody sees them though. They are always black panthers. In a land full of cameras and black panthers, they never seem to cross each other.

No worries…..I used to have to explain it to New Yorkers every quarter. :ROFLMAO:

To your point, the Rez is the most uniformly sparsely populated place I’ve seen. There are residences sprinkled every few miles in every direction, and you can really see it when you fly across it at night. Of course there are some exceptions, like up around Navajo Mtn.

I’ve said the same thing about trail cameras, an other new technology that’s been put into use in the last 100 years…….. and the more technology that’s been introduced the more convinced I am there are no bigfoots or space aliens.

But I will not dispute what otherwise honest people have seen and reported.

Could it be, there are still “things” living here that we can’t see accept under unusual circumstances……… like molecules, atoms, bacteria, etc. were before technology allowed humans to see them…… that were always there, doing what they do but we didn’t know it and we explained natural phenomenon on any one of a thousand different things. Such as evil spirits caused illness……… seems so ridiculous now but it’s was as real as the sun rise and gravity to humans 200 years ago.

Is it possible there are still things on this earth and else what that we don’t know or understand. I have to believe there are.
?‍♂️?‍♀️?‍♂️?

You mean there are no mermaids??
An old seaman once told me he saw one. ??
Never believed in ?‍♀️
Now for the other 2 they do exist
Every December I see multiple fat guys running around with red caps.
And
??‍♀️ Go to San Francisco they’re running around everywhere year round.
??
I did see something unbelievable. A former Goalie for the Bluewater Hawks. ?

Okay I would agree the lack of hard evidence would say they don’t exist but I have a story that still bothers me. In 2014 a buddy and I flew in to the Frank Church wilderness in Idaho. We landed at a remote stripe and packed about 5 miles into a high basin. The second night I heard something moving outside the Teepee. I assumed it was a elk or maybe a black bear. So I gave a stern “get outta here bear” yell. Within seconds a fist sized rock hit the side of the teepee. It was so startling my buddy and I both jumped up and grabbed are guns simultaneously. Several other rocks of various sizes hit the ground, tent and trees around us. We jumped outta the tent guns up and headlights on. There were strange sounds that I have never heard in the woods before And you could here something/s move off. We did not get much sleep the rest of the night. We hunted the next day and discussed leaving. We decided it had to be people that wanted us out of their honey whole and we’re trying to scare us. That night we finally passed out and again in the middle of the night a repeat performance occurred. This time we fired a few shots into the trees and barely slept a wink. In the morning we packed up a headed back to the strip. There were several tents there but all the people were accounted for and they claimed nobody had even come in after us on account of the low ceiling for flying. We headed back out the opposite direction the next day and never had any more issues. I simply can’t explain what happened given our distance from people and being it was around 3 am both nights. I can’t wrap my head around who could have been out there. Whatever it was picked up and physically threw rocks. Even after a solid hunt my buddy won’t go back to the church with me at all and I fully admit it shook me up as well. Been back to the church a number of times since then but never to that same area.
Had I heard this story before my hunt in the Church I would never had gone in solo to scout. I did see the Patterson movie as a kid, and I believe Patterson was at our small theater in Southern Oregon.
I did spend about 30 days total in the Church, but was so focused on sheep and wolves to any attention to anything else.

Ha, that’s a fake heater……. same as Mrs. 2lumpy’s Forest Fairies……..

Trust me, just cuz it looks like a heater…….

We all have issues. Like the issue of you being a hypocrite mocking someone for believing in Bigfoot and you believe in Jesus. You claim there’s no evidence of Bigfoot as your reasoning to belittle someone’s beliefs. So where’s the evidence of god?

At least no one has been killed or molested looking for Bigfoot. Can’t say the same about Jesus.

I saved your number but I’m not going to call you. I don’t care Bigfoot saved your life in 1997. Or god, they are one in the same.
We'll put you down as a nonbeliever.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom