Binoculars: Which do you prefer?

Of these 2 options, which do you prefer?

• 10x42 Binoculars

• 12x42 Binoculars

Results are only viewable after voting.
10x42 on my chest and 18x56 with a tripod in my pack. Don't carry big ones during archery elk but every thing else they come along. I don't know a spotter currently.

Best set up money can buy in my opinion. NL 12s and a ATX 95
IMG_4713.jpeg

My late 1990s era Leica 10x42 BA are by far the best bino I have or ever used. My Swaros are nice, but not even close IMO.
Of course, but you are comparing apples to onions. Leica is far superior to swarovski and the poll is asking for opinions for an inferior set of binoculars :ROFLMAO:

I just bought a pair of the new EL Range's this summer and I absolutely love them. the optics are fantastic and so is the ballistic solver in them.

I'll never go back to binoculars and a rangefinder this is so much better.

I thought it was about magnification preference.

My bad.
It was, I am a little slow....

I actually tried the Pure 12's on a sheep hunt and really liked them. It would be hard giving up my range finding bino's but I might for the 12X pures. They were amazing and I would use the Pures to replace my 15's and 10's

I debated switching to the 115 but it takes up a lot of room in the pack versus the 95
Even the 95 isn't great in a pack. Currently my 115 is mostly for shorter hikes and the truck. It really doesn't add to much weight in the pack and I'm almost always hiking with a pack large enough to put 100lbs of meat, so the small amount of extra space isn't a problem.

I'm thinking about the NL pure. Currently I have 10 year old 10x swarovski on my chest. I use to think I wanted to switch to 8x on my chest for wider field of view. However If I went with 12x NL pure, it could replace both my chest binoculars and 15x on a tripod. Lieca glass is also really nice. I have close to 50 days set aside to spend hunting before the end of the year. Maybe this is a good time to spend the $$ because I'm going to get plenty of time to get to use them.

If you have the $$, there are many great options compared to 20-30 years ago.

So far this year I have spent 30 plus days between Archery Elk and Deer and helping with Rifle Antelope. I am always satisfied with my Swaro 15x on a tripod. The Lieca Pro Geovids 10x have been awesome, I was not sure how much I would use the rangefinder while glassing, but I found myself using on stalks, it is so easy to range while you are glassing and figure out where you need to be.
Started using the Compass and Range on ONX. I could range with my binos and easily mark out my stalk on ONX. Also nice having a 10x rangefinder that is quick and clear.
Still haven't done anything with the ballistics part of the Leica's.

At this point in my hunting & work career, all that own are Swarovski’s. I have 2 spotters & 3 pairs of binos with the newest being the 12x42 NL Pure’s. The Pure’s are simply awesome, but it all depends on the area / terrain which pair of binos go in the harness.
I will carry my compact 8x’s when I’m hunting timber.

I use my old lieca duovid 10-15x50. I've looked through a lot of swarovski that are a bit clearer but I love not having both 10 and 15 power in one package. I am always switching between powers. NL 12s are the only glass that have had me thinking about changing.

My late 1990s era Leica 10x42 BA are by far the best bino I have or ever used. My Swaros are nice, but not even close IMO.
I'm like you, old school, but with 10x42 Zeiss Classics.
My Swaro SLC's don't even hold a candle to the clarity and solid durability of the Zeiss.

I still run an older Leica Televid 77 APO spotter as well, it's never let me down.

And FWIW, people brag about the warranty of Vortex, but I've never needed a warranty with any of my optics.
That warranty does no good on the mountain!

I got the NL Pure 10x32. I absolutely love them. After looking through the 10x32 and the 10x42 nl pure’s I chose the the 10x32. They’re lightweight a preform great at low light. The field of view is almost identical. The 10x32 weight 1/2 a pound less than the 10x42.

I had a pair of 10x32 ELs that I loved……Except at dusk. That’s why I don’t have them any more. 3.2 exit pupil just isn’t big enough to let enough light in for me. Can’t really see a way around that. If the Pures really found a way, I might be interested. But a 3.2 pupil is a 3.2 pupil….

10x and sometimes 8x is my go to in the field. 15x is awesome off of a tripod, but can be a little hard to hold still in the field when your breathing hard. I've not used a 12x, but I'd consider your primary use and what you may or may not be complimenting it with. If you are in the truck/UTV/ATV or using tripod, the more the better, if you are primarily using them in field, I'd not exceed 10x unless you have a way to hold still. If you are using bino's with a spotter, I'd go 8x or 10x...cover a lot more area and get any detail needed with the spotter.

3200.00+!

GEEZUS!

Add That In To The Price Of Your Next PISSCUTTER!

They Should Have Some ZL's Out After Everybody & Their Dog Buys The NL's!

You're Like Everybody-else!

Gotta Get Your NL's &Then Upgrade To The ZL's When They Show Up, Right?:D

HINT: With PISSCUTTERS Getting Smaller & Smaller You'll Always Need The Best Glass To Make Them Look Better/Bigger!

I’m waiting until I make Bessy money until I buy my NLs.

You're Like Everybody-else!

Gotta Get Your NL's &Then Upgrade To The ZL's When They Show Up, Right?:D

HINT: With PISSCUTTERS Getting Smaller & Smaller You'll Always Need The Best Glass To Make Them Look Better/Bigger!

You sure about that? My binos I use on every hunt say “Made in West Germany.”

I know your memory sucks, so Google “when did West Germany cease to exist.” That will give you a time frame. But it is time for an upgrade. I expect a pair waiting for me soon as a gift! I need the 12x42s.

I’ve got 10’s. I’d love to side by side with 12’s…. I think the 12’s are probably what I need.

Will be working some overtime this winter after hunting season but I just got the NL 12x from outdoorsman’s with a stud and their short adapter. I am coming from using the Zeiss conquest 10x, what a difference. For the money the conquest 10x are good glass however in my opinion. I figured it is the single most used piece of equipment I have, buy once cry once. Anxiously waiting on CO 3rd season now.

If you can only have one pair to serve as both a chest and tripod rig, then I'd go with the 10x. With that said, I have EL 12x50. They are too much as a chest rig IMO, but they are outstanding on a tripod. I am hoping to get a pair of NL 8x42 for a chest rig before next season.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom