binos what are you using?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12 AT 10:34PM (MST)[p]Swarovski Swarovision 12x50. Why... Its really good glass, but very expensive. I went through three pair of Leupolds and although good customer service I wanted a pair of binos that were going to last.

Swarovski, 8.5x ELs. I finally was able to save enough to get them. Initially I was planning on getting the Geovids. After comparing ELs to the SLCs, Leicas, Nikon, Leupold, and Cabela's Euros, the ELs were definitely the best for my eyes and also felt the best in hand.

I went with the 8.5x over the 10x after comparing them side by side. The wider field of view was great and I didn't really notice that the -1.5x difference in magnification was really noticeable.

Swarovski 10x42 carry and 15x56 on a tripod.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-12 AT 08:10PM (MST)[p]I'm the same as Gator... Swaro EL's 10x42 and am working to save for some 15x56's.

Why, because when I first looked through the Swaro's they just had that wow factor. The 15's is so I can glass for a while without my eyes giving me heck.

Leica 10x42s around my neck and Swarovski 15x56s on a Gitzo tripod.

Why? They are great glass and I think your optics are the MOST IMPORTANT piece of equipment in your search for that trophy animal.

Just ordered my first pair of Swarvoskis ever. Went round and round with the 8.5 or the 10 power and choose the 10 power. Bought the Swarovision ones and the best part was my wife bought them for me.It was a present from her to me for fixing up her dads house after he passed back in November. Just sold it on the market. Headed to Nevada in 3 weeks for lopes to give them their first taste of the outdoors.

I've got Swaro's and Leica's but my carry Leica 10-15X duovids around my neck at all times. The Swaro's 15X56 have a very little better clarity than the Duovids (at least for my eyes)but not enough for me to want to carry 2 pairs of bino's with me where ever I trapse.
You need to sit behind all of the ones you are considering side by side to see which please your eyes best, for me Leica is tops but not in the 15X as I said, the Swaro's edge my duovids by a little bit
BB

10x42 Swaro's and an 80mm ATM. Why? Several reasons, I got sick of headaches, didn't want to end up like several others and buy cheap glass every other year when I could bite the bullet and save up for some top of the line. I love glassing now, which really will up your odds out west. It's a once in "my" lifetime purchase and the benefits will be reaped for the rest of my hunting career...

Just upgraded carry bino's from 8x30SLC's to 8.5x42EL Swarovision. Clarity of lighter SLC's is great, but the colors just pop amazingly well on Swarovision's, plus low light is noticeably better.

Have 15x SLC's on tripod. Nothing finds game better or is clearer than these to me. The colors arent as vivid as swarovision, but the magnification matched with clarity makes up and then some, even at low light despite much smaller exit pupil.

No matter what bino's, in the west you need a spotter to judge game. I use 65mm STS, nice mix of quality and packability, though I have heard enough good things about the big Vortex scope that I'd like to try it some day in the field.

Any of the big three(Swaro, Leica, Zeiss) should be considered for top glass. Many others one notch down to look at depending on current economics that are very close.

swaro 12x50
Why? To see distance with great clarity, for long periods of time and without eyestrain/headaches.Who am I kidding, my wife let me!

Steiner Peregrine XP 8x44...Steiners Top bino - legitimate alpha level german glass....

...no tasco here.

Alpen Ranier in 10x42. Great glass, as good or better than anything in its class. Alpen is a small company that you don't hear much about but they make a great product.

Leica Geovids 10 x 42 . I thought I would have seen more of these on the list. Great bino's / ranger finder combo.

ZenRay ED3.

Why? Because I could afford them.

And they were brighter and clearer than anything else I looked through that was within $200.

I have been using Pentax DCF WPs and SPs for years and they performed very well. I picked up a "pre owned" Zeiss Victory FL T 8x42 recently and they are clearly superior (and should be for the price difference). I prefer 8x's because they are easier for me to hold steady and I see better than with higher magnifications.

I have Fujinon 7X50 FMTRC-SX and 10X50 FMTR-SX...both are the same size...definately on the heavy side. They are $600 and I wouldn't trade them for anything, including swarovski and zeiss. I do have a swarovski spotter and a zeiss spotter and riflescopes of both brands.

I absolutely believe this is the best binocular made. too bad you can't look through them anywhere. (I know I will never talk anyone into buying a pair sight unseen).

+1 on the Steiner Peregrines. Great glass, I love mine! I use them for everything. Blows away anything else I have ever had.

LOL, from reading at least most of the replies here, i think i can safely say that i'll be packing the cheapest set of b-nocks among us!

Back a few months ago, i was surfing E-bay and checked Zeiss binos. There was a set of Carl Zeiss Jena Jenoptem 8x30W listed at auction. They looked completely new with no wear showing and my last minute bid won them for little more than $100. shipped. I had already gotten the same way, a similar but 6X Zeiss set that i really like for this very timbered up, no long distance or across canyon looking country that i live and hunt in with our local tag.

This year, i'll use the New 8X30 wide angles. I sent them to Suddarth Optical Repair in OK for a tune up and they are as good if not better than new.

I just don't have the coin for high dollar glass but you might not know it if on a hunt and you looked thru or carried my little Zeiss glass! These little gems are sweet! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I recently sold my zeiss victory fl 10x42 and went back to my brunton eterna 8.5x43. For some reason, my eyes last longer with the Bruntons. May be due to the lower power. I may be packing cheaper glass, but my eyes ar happier now.

i just bought some vortex. i like them. good price and awesome warranty.. sure as in hell i am not spending 2 grand for a pair of binos that i could loose...

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-12 AT 01:59PM (MST)[p]Zeiss Victory 8x45 RF binos and a Swarovski ATS spotting scope with 20x60mm eyepiece. The Swaro is also set up as a digiscope. I used to use a separate rangefinder and my older Zeiss 8x56s, but when I once spotted an animal thru my binos that was moving and I could not waste time to range him with the RFs--and guessed wrong on the range and shot over his back--I opted to go with a good pair of RF binos and ditched the separate RF. The Swaro scope is for long range glassing here in New Mexico and Colorado. The combo's nice as long as you're not having to pack in a long ways (which I can't any more).

Vortex 8x42 Talon HD for me. I have been down the 10x route and I just can't hold them still enough. Now, I can look through them all day with little "ill effect". Owned the Minox BD 10x42 BR, 10x42 Vortex Razor (original style)and while the glass was good,unless I had them rested over my shooting sticks or on a tripod, I was only good for a few minutes before the shaking took over.

I also carry a little Minox BD 8x32 BR ASHP that is terrific and compact. Good most of the time, til I pull out the Talons and realize how good that glass really is.

I have made the best of what I could with our finances. Simply can't afford to spend the high $$ needed for the Leica, Swaro or similar.

FH

Zen-Ray PRIME HD 10x42. I got both PRIME HD and Vortex Razor HD to compare and decided to keep the PRIME HD. The edge performance of PRIME is much better.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom