bird taxidermy

BigSimps

Does anyone know of a good bird taxidermists that lives in utah county? I want to get a duck or two mounted, but i don't want to spend a lot of money.

Darin Gardner in Kaysville. Bird and Fish taxidermy or something like that. He's a friend of mine, I can get his info if you want. He's the best there is so he probably won't be that cheap.

A good taxidermist isn't going to be cheap. It is one of those things in which you tend to get what you pay for. Birds, I believe require an attention to detail that may exceed that for other critters and details are what separates the good taxidermists from the exceptional.

Your in luck! I am a bird taxidermy junkie and hands down the best guy in the state is in Utah County. I happily make the drive from Northern Davis Co now. I have had multiple birds mounted by guys here in the state including some mentioned in this thread and this guys end product is not even in the same ball park. He stands alone in his quality of work and the way he treats his customers. His name is Jeff Nelson @ Wings in Flight Bird Taxidermy. He is worth the wait and every penny! There is nothing worse than bad taxidermy! I will attach a pic of the last Canvasback he did for me.
Sliverslinger400

Wings in Flight Bird Taxidermy
Jeff Nelson
Master Bird Taxidermist
p: 801-310.8042
e: [email protected]
http://www.wingsinflightbirdtaxidermy.com/
5638jakescan.jpg

I take all my birds to Troy Garner, he is in Utah County, Salem to be exact. He does excellent work, he has quite a long wait, but it is well worth it. Below is one of many he has done or is doing for me. I wish I would have put this one on a base instead of a wall mount. (Cell phone pic with bad lighting)

766pintail.jpg

There is a guy in Mapleton that does great work as well as AAA Taxidermy in Pleasant Grove.

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

Big_DD I thought I had the WR Pintail, yours is a beauty! I'm sure there are other great bird guys but I've only been to Troy, highly recommended.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-12 AT 03:21PM (MST)[p] I would send it to Todd Huffman @ birdman studios.
Here is a duck he did for me.
canvasbackmount.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom