Bison priority list

LAST EDITED ON May-18-09 AT 12:38PM (MST)[p]Looks like both of you are lucky! The quotas are 120 for bulls, and 220 for cows (for residents). Congrats to both of you!

How difficult is it to harvest a cow or bull if you are issued a license? Are there just a few that wander into the hunt zones? How high of a number do you need to get a bull license for a non-resident. I have applied for years but never had a good number.
Thanks, Mike

I sure hope the quota is 220 for cows i cant wait and my daughter is excited as i am. If any one who has hunted has any suggestions i would love to hear them
thanks

I put in for years with no success.Now the cost of $2502 for a non resident license is to tough for me.I can hunt Bison in SD for about half that price.

My wife drew a cow tag a couple years ago. It is much easier to kill a bull because they tend to wander across the "boundaries". It seems like the cows knew exactly where the boundaries were but it is just a matter of time with Buffalo.

I drew #1988 for bulls, no luck.

Good Luck to those that have low numbers, excellent meat.

chasendeer,

I was having a pity party for myself because I was 445 out of 655 but it looks like you have worse luck than me.

Like Willie sang about all good things must come to an end. It has been a good year for the draws so I can't complain.
Jay

Has anyone heard how the hunt is going so far? I am planning on going the secound week of November. I did hear about the guide who ended up in the hospital.

thanks

chris

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom