BLM Input SW Idaho

BPKHunter

Very Active Member
Due to having a piece of BLM next to my home we use for target, riding, etc. I went to a planning meeting on Wednesday and I wanted to invite the people in this area to take a look and consider giving your input.

They are taking public input for the Four Rivers Managment Plan. Basically, it is a long and drawn out process for setting the long term plan for this area. It includes about any consideration you can think of, but of main concern to many here would be continued access, avoiding land swaps that might disadvantage us sportsman and advantage developers or large land owners, and as always habitat improvement.

Here is the address to the topic at their website:

http://www.blm.gov/id/st/en/fo/four_rivers/Planning/four_rivers_resource.html

I found the folks there very interested in our input. Sadly the turnout at this meeting was very poor so if you can attend one, and they will have many and get somewhat educated then give our opinions then we can certainly be part of the solution instead of those who just complain without being involved.

There is a comment form you can print out and send in. What they asked for at the meeting is to:

1. State what you want. i/e you want continued access for shooting and hunting on a specific piece of BLM, or you want to seek a law change to have BLM purchase easements for access to landlocked BLM tracts, or you want more habitat protection for the benefit of wintering species.

2. State why you want what you want. The why is very important.

This is a long process but our input can help us secure our and our kids future here.

P.S. You can alse e-mail questions or comments to [email protected]

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom