Bobcat Question

YoungBuck

For all you guys that hunt bobcats and trap them....what would you call an "over population" in one area? Friday while I was coming back from coyote hunting I had 3 run across the road in front of me....then the next morning in the same area another one ran across in front of me and again in the middle of the day another...I also seen a big ass mountain lion saturday morning....along with 5 coyotes
Over populated area?....I plan on going back when the season opens and taking a few of them out with calling and maybe running a trap line to see what I can get.
YB

If your seeing 5 bobcats within a 24 hour period of time I wouldnt say they are over populated but I would be setting traps asap for the wiley little suckers. now if your seeing lions in this area I would pay close attention to where he is dining and set traps for him on his next meal if you have the tag for him. as for the coyotes they will move around quite a bit.

good luck with the bobbys

BBH

Only problem with setting the traps is the season doesnt open until the 14th or 24th of December....so I have to wait to set the traps.
Hopefully I can make some money on them this winter...same with the coyotes.
It will probably take a lot of yotes to make some money...but in a couple of areas I have seen up to 8 yotes while I was out walking around.....and I have 6 or 7 different areas like them that dont get hunted for coyotes by anyone that I have ever seen or heard of.
YB

Youngbuck, I see your from fruitland, I am in the Nu Acres area, you ever want to watch hounds work just get ahold of me, I'm good to go about anytime.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom