Bonus Points

kawboy

Very Active Member
What states are out there that you can buy bonus points only? I need to start building points for a few other states, and have a pretty tight budget.

I have been building points in Wyoming and Utah for a few years now and need to start a couple more states this year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Just Sneak in to that Stash Your Wife doesn't know about!:D

"""Supporting Speed Limits doesn't make You Anti Car"""

No & You'll never Fix STUPID or WACKO'S by changing Gun Laws You Dumb BITTCH!

Going to use that hidden stash to cash in my UT Elk points this year. 17 points will be burned this year.........

You can buy a PP in Wyoming during the period 7/1-9/30. Pronghorn is $30, deer is $40, and elk is $50.

Been buying points only in CO for deer and elk for 17 years. Going to finally burn the deer points this year. That's a long time to wait. Also have 14 NV elk points 8 UT bison and 8 UT elk points, 12 OR deer points, and max WY elk and deer points. I've stopped OR and UT. If your under 35 go for it.

Where can i find the cost of a PP. Is it possible to just purchase the point or do you actually have to put in? I like how Wyo is set up. Does Nevada or Colorado have a similar process?
I have looked on the state sites, but i am having trouble finding specifics without going all the way through the purchase process.

same boat as you, I do WY and UT, i also do CO deer and this year im starting new mexico but there are no points in New mexico just random odds and you get most of the money back. I live in Idaho and hunt here every year also

Colorado you have to front the cost of the tag for a pref point, get it back after draw. If you didn't have some type of license from previous year, the point costs $25, which they will deduct from your refund.

For Nevada you have to buy a hunting license (~$150), then points costs $10-15. I apply or buy points for everything there and with all the app fees and license it costs ~$250 when the dust settles.

Ouch. Nevada's points might wait till next year.
Is it worth the cost?

>Ouch. Nevada's points might wait till
>next year.
>Is it worth the cost?
>

Good question, some guys evidently think it is, especially those that have got to hunt. But I've got 9 points for most everything and haven't drawn squat. From my perspective I haven't got any "bang-for-the-buck", yet. So over $2K down the toilet, but I keep trying.

I am mainly in it for elk, and just hoping to real lucky with a sheep tag. Rumor has it that drawing a decnt deer tag is not as difficult. But I have only been putting in for real long shots for deer, since it was not my #1 priority.

If/when I draw elk I might bail out of the game. I think there is a 5 or 10 year waiting period, basically a once in a lifetime tag for us geezers.

Buying BPs in AZ is expensive for a NR. You need to buy a NR license at $151.25 and then pay $7.50 for the BP.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Any way you look at it, the point game is expensive and if you are getting in now, you can expect to drop some dough for many years to come before a tag is in your pocket. But if you don't play, you can guarantee you won't get one.
Keep in mind, many states also drop all your points if you fail to put in again after a two year period, so once you start, you are kind of stuck.
It's all a matter of simple economics. With the high hunting demand and limited permits, states have figured out that points can be another revenue source.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom