Book cliffs help

A

alphamuley1

I have the premium tag for the book cliffs. Have been hunting Nash wash on the south unit since openert very disappointed, very few deer and the only bucks I've seen are 2 points. Should I move or wait and hope they move in by the end of the hunt.

BY ALL MEANS, MOVE NORTH.........NASH WASH WASTED A BUNCH OF MY TIME AS WELL. WENT NORTH DID WELL...................YD.

Nash Wash is the winter range for many deer, but they don't move in until later, or when there is snow in the high country.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-15 AT 02:57PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-15 AT 02:43?PM (MST)

son had a tag. hunted rattlesnake to east canyon. saw 14 deer total in 5 days. hunted places that had produced huge bucks in past. my boy got a 23 inch 3 pt. deer about 2/3 off top in hay canyon. he was happy for 1st. buck, but flash floods, close lightening strikes ,lack of deer,and hiking up and down thousands of feet made for a tough hunt. good luck. i am sure there's a toad in there somewhere. Hey, saw a big bobcat and some buffalo. that was cool.

Seems that the migration is running a little slow this year. Hopefully with that cold weather that has blown in over the past couple days, you will be seeing more deer moving down.

If you're hunting the South Side, Hay Canyon and East Canyon are a couple places you will want to consider. They are pretty much deer super highways once they start moving down off the top.

And though I've never personally been to the Wildlife Management Area north of Thompson, I know of some good bucks that have been killed all the way down there over the past couple years. I imagine its very dependent on the migration though.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom