Bowtech vs Matthews ????

Wapiti

I'm looking into getting a new bow and was wondering how they compare.
I know Matthews has long been a favorite among archers and for good reason. Their performance and shootability are second to none. But I'm wondering how Bowtechs bows compare as far as shootability. They claim very fast IBO speeds, but how does that speed translate over to shootability? Are they as smooth and forgiving as a Matthews?
I plan on test shooting some different bows but was wondering if anyone has any experience with the two.

I shoot a Bowtech and my two sons shoot Bowtech ....we love the way they handle and shoot! Ive never tried a Matthews but herd they are also an excellent choice! I don,t think you can go wrong with either choice!
elk_horn

I shoot a bowtech mighty might it is a great bow shoots around 270 fps with carbon arrows and crimson talon broadheads. I have killed 2 elk and a deer with it. The thing is it is just going to end up being which bow shoots better for you and probably which one costs less.

Go out and shoot them for yourself and see what feels best to you.

They are both top notch companies and bows from both will no doubt perform better than you could imagine.
Shoot everything and do it side by side if possible to really judge them.
Good luck with what ever you decide to go with.

I would tell you you can't go wrong with any of todays well made bows. I Shoot a Mathews Legacy but my hunting partners Dad bought a bow tech patriot and its also a super bow.Get a bow that shoots well and is forgiving( long Brace height) and forget about speed.

Bowtech = Mathews + 20 fps + a little more handshock
Does that make sense?
Both are awesome bows. I'd shoot them all and buy what feels best to you.

This isn't even a question. Go buy a matthews! the new one they have out smokes everything! including the matthews LX. I forget what this bow is called but it just came out. I shot it down at the range with no stabalizer or limbsavers at all and shoots way quieter and less shock then my LX. GO try it for yourself.

all GOOD bows from earlier posts.You have to make choice,and as stated earlier,shoot-em and compare.Myself,I prefer buying from a "LOCAL" pro shop,They seem to work on "em" sooner rather than "LATER",when needed.The choice I made was Bowtech "Patriot",Smoothest hunting bow I'd ever shot,"EVER" ---

Well I can tell you what i know about the Bowtech Extreme VFT as my wife and I both shoot them

upside - SERIOUS SPEED - mine 67# 30"draw = 307
wife 48# 29"draw = 297
both shooting 5grns/#

- smooth shooting - very little hand shock
- seem very accurate so far

- great back wall - they are very nice to hold at full
draw, you'll swear its more than 80%
letoff

downside - they have a rather stiff draw cycle,they feel
like a heavier draw than they actually are, but
as stated above are very nice at full draw

- neither my wife or I are particularly happy
with the grips, too skinny for my taste, and
she doesn't particularly care for the feel of
the wood

All in all if I had the decision to make over again I would still buy a VFT, the upsides outweigh the downsides. I also have a pro 40 dually coming in soon...will let you know how it performs.

Hope this helps,
Chris

I bought a Bowtech Patriot last season...one for one on elk. It is smooth, feels good and is forgiving. And dam fast. It is the flatest shooting bow out of my hunting circle. Some guys I know after seeing mine shoot are selling their newer bows and jumping ship to Bowtech. They are high priced, but you get what you pay for. Shoot one and you will agree that they are the best. Hoyt? Hoyt who?

Last summer, I went out and shot em both ( several different models from each ) They are both very good bows. They each have a different feel to the draw cycle, grip and a different sound and feel at the shot. You really should shoot both and decide what feels best to you. After shooting Mathews & Bow Tech, I shot a Hoyt Razortec, game over, I bought the Razortec, because it was the best for ME.

I have been shooting one of the new style Hoyt single cam bows w/ split limbs for some time now. It was only about 30-31" long and I loved its maneuverability. (Try spelling that!) Last night I was filling in a spot for my buddy in his winter league and got the opportunity to shoot the new Matthew's Outback. I was completely sold right off the bat. The bow is extremely quiet with no alterations. It wasn't quite as fast as my Hoyt at 75lbs but still performed great. I bought one right away along with three of my buddies. Can't find anything wrong but I have had it less than 24hrs. Check it out if you can.

I have shot a Mathews for the last 4 years and have loved it. I bought the Q2 and it was a great bow and I got a wild hair to buy a new LX last week and same thing--another quality bow. I looked at the hoyts and martins before buying the LX and nothing felt as smooth as the Mathews, unfortunatly, there is not a Bowtech dealer in my area so I didn't have the opportunity to shoot one---I hear the Patriot is a hell of a bow that's extremely fast, don't know if it's shooter friendly or not though. I would like to shoot one myself.

Your probably thinking of the Outback--nice bow, but it is only 31 inches axle to axle and 20 fps slower than the LX. I tried them both out a couple of weeks ago and went with the LX, my buddy and hunting parter picked the Outback--different strokes for different folks! My conclusion--the LX is faster and more forgiving than the Outback--His conclusion--nice compact bow that is easy to manuver in the thick stuff. I'm definatly sold on Mathews, excellent bows--shoot one and see for yourself--absolutely no hand shock and doesn't sacrafice speed. My LX with a 28 inch draw legnth at 64 lbs is shooting just under 290 fps and smooth as hell.

Best advice I can offer is DO NOT go ito any proshop with your heart set on any one manufacturer or model, as that can cloud your judgement in the decision making process leading up to which bow you pick to buy. Been there, seen it, done it, was awash in buyers remorce afterward. You were given the best advice already in that make sure when you go to your proshop you allow ample time to "test drive" as many bows as is nessasary to make your decision.

Please do yourself a HUGE favor and dont get caught up in the speed trap by buy buying a bow that shooting consistantly accurate requiers a level of archery proficency beyond yours.

Personally I would find it extramly difficult to spend more for a compound than I did on my model 700 rifle in stainless steel, synthetic stock with detachable box magizine.

Why is it that most people on this and other sites think Mathews, Bowtech, or Hoyt are the only bows to shoot? Also, why is almost every bow hunter stuck on speed? Being able to shoot accurately in hunting situations should be the number one concern. After a certain point speed has diminishing returns.I shoot a PSE that is about 10 years old and I am still very happy with it. Most other hunters I encounter are shooting bows no more than 2 to 3 years old. The thing I dislike about most modern bows is that it is hard to find anything that is not built for tree stand hunting , ie short axle to axle. PSE makes great bows too, and there are probably other less expensive bows on the market that will work good for the average hunter or beginer. Just my two cents.

Bill

I shoot a Bowtech and would like to shoot a Hoyt as well. Don't go by the name go with whatever works for you, i.e. if the string slaps the crap out of your wrist don't buy that bow.

The Hoyt ultratec is the smothest least handshock most forgiving bow I have ever shot, not the fastest but speed is far from the most important aspect of archery. I have had them all and to me the Ultratec has the best combination of everything that makes a bow accurate and easy to shoot. Plus they are unique they are copied like Mathews, everyone is trying to build a bow like mathews.

I was in the same boat not to long ago, mathews bowtech bowtech mathews, make along story short. Went with the 04 pro-40 dually.
I would strongly recomend anyone going to buy a mathews, goes down and shoots the bowtech liberty before you buy.

Btw had the browning 04 sx adrenaline for 3 days shot it 10 times the 1st night and sold it 2 days later.

mathews/bow tech/pse/hoyt are all good bow that will out shoot most of the people shooting them. the bow is only good as the person behind it. i have a pro shop and tell people this all of the time. get the bow that fills and shoots best for you not your friends and pratice a lot. i shoot a mathews ultra 2 for hunting and a conquest3 for targets both with the handle removed but thats what i liked. ever one said i would hate the ultra 2 but i love it.