Broke My Camera :(

ElmerFudd

Very Active Member
After over 20 years of applications (1 in point period had a rubber check)... I couldn't pass on this ram on day 5. Way too quick, but an awesome 5 days! I was in sheep every day and saw a decent ram most days. That was way more uplifting than my previous sheep hunt in Idaho many years ago (I did get lucky then)... My plan was to just put a backpack on and look where it looked good, bivy where I ended up each evening. One good thing (for me), the fresh grizzly sign all seemed lower than the sheep. That might be bad for later elk hunts as the dry year with fewer moths might make hungrier and more desperate (my speculation). But it made sleeping on the windswept ridges easier :) No real secret, I just stumbled in an area where a big footed ram was using and bedding. I peeked over rims one at a time, and he was in his bed maybe 80-90 yards below. What I thought was a character chip was a bullet hole in a horn. Still cool character! Anyway, sorry for no field photos, I tumbled hard and broke my camera packing out... This cell phone photo from check in and my memories will have to do...

461912_ram_brushg.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!
That is a fine looking Wyoming bighorn Elmer. You did yourself proud. The broken camera is a bummer for sure. I had my son along videoing my 04 adventure, and I regularly relive my 5 days.
I am sure many, including myself, would love to hear more details. We were all pulling for you and I am glad you found Wyoming Gold.
Very very nice Mr. Fudd!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-12 AT 06:59AM (MST)[p]Thanks! I'll fill in more later. I found out I had a family issue I had to run to after getting back in cell coverage and just wanted to post a quick update.

looks like your at the game and fish getting ready to get him plugged.... congrads on a good looking sheep

HornedToad, Unit 5. It is on the whiteboard at check in. Guess I can try for a random draw tag again after my 5 year wait, but looking at being in my 80's before drawing another preference tag. Not thinking it would be DIY if at all possible then. I am out of the way for everyone else :)

Thanks all,
Ihey turned the tape over for the base measurment for me, 15 1/8". I was too beat to divide the length by 25.4 before forgetting it. It is at the taxidermist now...

Finally got home yesterday. No luck on getting anything out of the camera. It was crushed both sides, shutter and back panel. I sent it back to Panasonic, not thinking I'll have much luck and knowing that is above normal expected use and handling:) I really was happy just to be able to walk away with no more than a swollen knee, small cuts and bruises on my body.

The lack of visual documentation, does not mean there isn't a good story behind your hunt. I for one would love to hear every little detail about your five days. He is a worthy trophy for sure so don't tease us Sheep junkies too long before you share your fun with us.
Again, congratulations.

Well done bro!
That's a fine Wyo ram and you paid your dues to get him!

We need a story, blow by blow... everything for 5 days including your tumble.

For your sake, I hope the family issue wasn't too big of a deal.

Zeke

Will write it, when things slow down. I was able to save two pictures, better than nothing. Nothing like sheep country!

3007guns_003.jpg

2968guns_001.jpg

Ya, it's too bad about the camera but the two photos that you saved are even more valuable. Thanks for sharing them with us!
Again, congrats on a successful sheep hunt!
Zeke

Great to see the pics EF. I appears that you were totally solo on this hunt, which is especially scarey in grizz country. At any rate you have to be thrilled with your ram and your two pictures.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom