Broken Horn Oryx, Stallion

Amiehunt

Hello,
I was lucky enough to draw a broken horn hunt on Stallion. I have hunted the range before but it has been quite a few years. When I hunted it I saw plenty of broken horns. Are broken horns still pretty plentiful or has it changed?

Thanks

I was on the Stallion in Feb and seen quit a few broken up. You will be fine. A buddy I was with shot a broken horn with 8.5 inch bases. I figured he would have been about a 38in male. I have to now cast him about 30 inches for both sides as they were both broken at about 8 inches . When is your hunt?

If you put in a little effort, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a broken horn. Enjoy your hunt.

I was on Stallion in Jan and we saw a ton of broken horn Oryx. A guy that checked out right ahead of us on Sunday killed a giant broken horn cow. Thats a fun hunt, i'm jealous.

A cool thing that can happen to broken Horn Bulls is they don't fight and can get HUGGGE...I have seen a couple giant one in particular was broke close on one side and on the other a 12 inch stub that bent forward he looked just like a Braham bull absolute giant

Yes, you should see enough BH's to be able to fill your tag. Don't disregard the hill country of the unit...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom