Bucks from the Sandhills

Flanagan

These are the bucks we harvested east of Logan NM this weekend in the sands. We were fortunate enough to see these two deer numerous times over the past 60 days. I posted some pictures of the bigger buck on MM back in September, now that he is on the ground we were just as excited. The wind was blowing so hard that the guide and hunter were able to sneak in on the buck and shot him at 45 yards while in his bed. The taller deer was harvested yesterday after a 3 hour stalk.
6758dsc01948.jpg

8510dsc01944.jpg

747dscn0028.jpg

2521dscn0026.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-27-10 AT 07:50PM (MST)[p]I never have really thought of that country up there as the "sands" but I guess it does fit the mold. Were these private land bucks?

With all that said, I really like the "sands" and the deer that the area in general produces. Excellent bucks, it looks like you guys had a great time.

Those are some nice bucks, congrats. I have heard you can find them in that wide open country. Never have tried though.

Wow!!! Great looking bucks!!!! Iam going to hunt the sand hills east of hagerman next week... Hopefully we have as good as luck as you.. Those are some studs

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom