Bull & cow tags

HUNTER43

Hey whats the general opinion on being able to apply for bull and cow elk in the same year. Not sure i'm that excited about it. Seem's to me draw odds for bull are going to go through the roof. They already take forever to draw. Also its nice to be able to draw a cow tag when you just want to hunt but i think that will change too. What do you guys think. Good or bad change?

I'm thinking cow odds will get longer. Bull tags are already somewhat governed with the probation periods after a successful draw

I agree with the time out period. I beleive it gives guys that have not drawn a better chance witch is nice. I think 10 years is a little long but it is what it is no big deal. What i dont understand is there reasoning behind letting us apply for bull and cow tag. All i see that doing is making draw odds steeper. NDOW tells me it is to increase hunter opertunity, but sence tags sell out anyway not sure how that is the case. Anyway i put in for bull and cow like everyone esle we'll see what happens. Good luck in the draw everyone!!

I might be in the minority with this opinion but here goes anyway. I love this concept. I'm almost 40 years old and been hunting my entire life in this state. I have yet to draw my bull tag and therefore, could not put in for a cow due to the loss of a bull point if I applied for a cow tag. I'm tired a watching all my buddies come home with cow elk every year and telling how good it is to eat on a nightly basis. Don't get me wrong, they'll all give me a pack or two a meat but I'd love to stuff my freazer full.

I can't see how this will change the draw odds for the the bull hunt but I think it'll be a lot tougher to draw a cow tag. The good news for guys like me is that at least we no have a chance to eat on those tasty critters.

Seems like a lot of guys aren't going to hunt both in the same year unless they have kids or wives hunting with them. Maybe people who draw both will send one back and people the waiting list will pick them up?

I really wanted a cow tag the last couple years to fill the freezer but didn't get one.

I know they've issued more tags in the last year or 2 trying to get the populations down, especially in the NE part of the state. I like the idea of being able to apply for both since draw odds for bulls are long. Do they let NR apply for both or just residents? I haven't read all the details yet, but probably will next time I'm sitting in my "library" for a few minutes.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom