Bull elk tag & cow elk tag unit 71-79 & 91

Zsniper

1 BULL elk tag & 1 cow elk tag unit 71-79 & 91

Just looked at the tags in the mail and added to our two mule deer tags we were given two depredation elk tags. I chose a cow but i forgot i had selected a bull elk for my grandfsther if we were successful on the draw. So we dont have two cow tags to fill but instead 1 cow elk tag and 1 BULL tag . Any info on finding elk in these units would be appreciated. How big of a bull should we be looking for in these units? Large numbers of elk ? Trophy bulls?

Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-18 AT 07:01AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-18 AT 06:58?AM (MST)

Check your emails. I think they sent one out in error for the combination tags. You have the deer tags for 071-079,091 but the cow tags are only good for certain units. I know a person that received this email and a bull tag in error.

If you look in the application regulations, there are no bull tags attached to the deer tags, it is cow tags only.

http://www.eregulations.com/nevada/big-game/mule-deer/

I'm pretty sure that bill elk depredation tag was given in error. Should be cow tags. I could be wrong but the same thing happened to a friend of mine. His mule deer tag had the cow depo tag as well and on the limit section it said one antlered elk. He received an email from ndow saying they were mailing new tags because they made a mistake.

There are no bull depo tags in that area, and 091 is off limits for cow elk. Must be a mistake. To answer your question though there are some stud bulls in that area. Cows shouldn't be too hard to find.

>They sent the antlered tag by
>mistake antlerless will be coming
>in the mail for your
>grandfather.

I wonder how many bulls we will lose this year due to this... Sad...

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom