bullet choice mule deer

B

bugzy

I have almost always shot nosler part on most of my rifle hunts but most generaly have elk deer combo.I have a nm tag coming up deer only probably long shots and all three of the guns I have to pick from shoot the ballistic tips faster flatter and group better.Havent tried accubonds yet but have hand loads for my 270wsm 300wsm 7mm weatherby that will all do 1/2 at 100 yards.Are the ballistic tips enough bullet?My partions will still stay in an inch but I have to push them slower granted dead deer at 300yds doesnt know if it was a 1/2 inch gun or a 1inch gun that killed him but it does help my confidence.On another note I love the wsms 270 being my favorite I have the 270 win also I dont think there is a good enough reason to run out and buy one if you have the standard cal but that 270wsm a bolt weighs 6.25 shoots 200fps faster than my 270 and you dont need lab equipment to feel the recoil diff between it and a 270 weatherby magnum it is substatial, here again the deer that dies at 300yds probably wont know the difference,and if you shoot him in the butt he is going to walk with either.

Sounds like you faith complete faith in the Partition, and are somewhat unsure about the tipped bullets. Seeing that the parts shoot well in you gun, just use them. You don't want to be second guessing yourself in the moment of truth, as Col. Boddington says "confidence is the shooters vitamin C" Good luck!

68hi7ls.gif

I've used ballistic tips and absolutely love them for their accuracy (<1"@250yds), but I HATE what they do when shooting game animals.

I've shot both deer and elk w/ 150gr ballistic tips out of my 270 and ruined plenty of meat.

Switched the the accubonds and love them. They are as accurate as the ballistic tips and hold up much better when shooting game.

I strongly advise staying away from ballistic tips for taking any sort of big game.

I also shoot 270wsm & 300wsm. I used to shoot partitions in m 7mm RM,switched to accubonds in both wsm guns. 140gr in the 270wsm, 180gr in the 300wsm. Both Kimbers shoot 1/2 groups all day long with Federal Premium loads. I have not harvested an animal yet with the 270wsm. The 300wsm w/180gr accubonds has done a great job for me on 4 different bucks. I say give them a try.

Thanks for the input I do think I will try some accubonds I already have part ready to go if I dont like the way they shoot . Leaning towards the 270wsm I put it in A Richards dual grip thumbhole stock and it feels good for offhand shots always left it at home when elk were involved not because I dont think it would do the job just had a couple of magS I like as well.I have tried to narrow myself down to one gun for big game but just cant getter done.

>I've used ballistic tips and absolutely
>love them for their accuracy
>(<1"@250yds), but I HATE what
>they do when shooting game
>animals.
>
>I've shot both deer and elk
>w/ 150gr ballistic tips out
>of my 270 and ruined
>plenty of meat.
>
>Switched the the accubonds and love
>them. They are as
>accurate as the ballistic tips
>and hold up much better
>when shooting game.
>
>I strongly advise staying away from
>ballistic tips for taking any
>sort of big game.

Less than an inch at 250 yards with balistic tips, lets see some pics, that is really unbeleivable!

My experience has been that balistic tips are great from 200 yards and out but suck at closer ranges. so it's not the best all around bullet for sure. I've switched to TSX's for about everything but you can't go wrong with the old Hornady interlock for deer, they can't be beat.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom