Butcher near Portland?

Outdoors

Looking for butcher in Portland metro region to take pronghorn, elk and deer to get processed into burger, steaks. pepperoni and jerky. Suggestions?

Voget meats in Hubbard

just a heads up, butchers prefer to be called "meat cutters" (something out of thier childhood maybe)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-09 AT 12:26PM (MST)[p]Vogets gets ny vote for the best pepperoni. For summer sausage or jerkey - Allicks Sausage Kitchen on McLaughlin Blvd is good - take to Nick.

For the best jerkey IMHO go to Edelweis Deli just east side of Ross Islnd bridge - talk to Tom - he makes the best jerkey ever and does great salami also or smokeys.

Not a big fan of Jacobsmuhlen, believe they mix their sausage / pepperoni batches together and you're at the mercy of how well others took care of their meat. On the west side I like Frontier Meats in Carlton, OR. In the Portland area I buy meat (non-game species) at Gartners (off 205, one exit before PDX airport exit). Their short ribs are AMAZING. I believe they also butcher big game but I haven't taken any there before. If it's anything like their other meats though should be delicious. Plan on taking a deer or elk there next time.

LBR

Fishers meats in Canby has done a great job for me several times. google fishers meat in canby to get a number if needed.

The only thing I take in is grind for burger. I use Shyanns in Oregon City and they are CHEAP. Haven't had any problems. I can the rest and cut a couple of steaks.

Hey, How can somebody from mulino know more than somebody from woodburn!!!

"Pain is fear leaving your body"

Back
Top Bottom