CA Online Applications

Thanks Kilowatt...Just hope my daughter can get her hunt safety done in time. Being able to apply on line will make it easier.

All I can say is I hope it goes smoothly. They had an issue with the pig drawings a few months ago. Some people that were drawn as alternates were posted as successful. Then f&g didn't notify anyone about the mistake they just pulled there name off the successful list and people were left wondering wtf?

Pretty sure the special hunt draw system such as pig and turkey is a completly different draw program. Not saying there is no chance of a hiccup but it will be a different hiccup. They are finishing up the Digest so I am hoping it will be on line soon.

Good luck

Joe

With all due respect to tuleelk, this is the state of CA and I bet there will be issues with this system.

California will do what they normally do.jack it up!! Take for example this fine on-line system. 12 Million dallors to establish it!! Why pay that when other states have awesome sytems in place that they could mirror and contract with?? Because its California and the only thing there good at is managing people or try to do anyway.

2011 - Big Game
Features: DFG's New License System, Big Game Drawing / Season Info / Regulations
NOTE: 2011-2012 Licenses, Tags and Big Game Drawing entry will be available starting Monday, April 25, 2011

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Got it all done and made copies of license and tags applied for here.

Brian

Did they put a limit on the number of applications you can submit for the fundraising deer tag and elk tag or will these too go to the high dollar people that can buy 500 applications?

There is no limit to the number of applications you can submit for the Fundraising deer and elk tag.

Joe

The fund raising, do you have a shot to draw, or they trying to raise extra money? I thought they were rasing extra money so I bypass it. Mike

The elk and deer tag that are being offered up this year for anyone to apply for through the random drawing ($5.40, you can apply as many times as you want) are not extra tags but part of the tags that are authorized each year as Fund Raising Tags. Historically these tags (10 deer, 3 elk, 2 antelope, and 2-3 sheep) are awarded to non-profit organizations and auctioned off to the highest bidder. All of the proceeds go back to the Department. This year two of those tags are being awarded through the Random drawing (5.40 a chance). Hope that helps.

Joe

I don't think they'll ever do away with paper apps.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

There will be no paper apps. It is all electronic, you can do it online or go to a store that has the new ALDS system. Such as sporting good stores, Big 5, etc.

Joe

Just to clarify, there will be no paper applications to mail in this year. You will need to do it online or go to a sporting good store that has the new ALDS system.

Joe

Did you guys already apply or just register to use the online system?

When will the regulations be mailed out?

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

You guys that apply prior to the May 5th finalization meeting, may be in the "trick bag"....the "fat lady has to sing first".....

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

My guess is that they haven't finalized the amount of tags per zone as well as the dates? Everything is still tentative?

Steve

You make it sound as if Calfornia will change tag quotas based on winter motality, fawn survivabilty ect............Thats a joke, just look at D3-D5's 35,000 tags. Theres not even 35,000 freakin deer. Dont get me started on California!!!!!!

They may change the season dates to the hotter, more scorching months of the year! LOL

Steve

I will say this, the Department has finalyzed its tag quota recommendations. They will be the same as what is proposed UNLESS the Commission changes them. I do not see that happening but I will never say never. Season dates are always a trade off between opportunity and success. We could have later season dates and people would be more successful but then the number of tags issued would be greatly reduced. In past surveys most hunters expressed that they would like the opportunity to hunt every year instead of not hunting every year. This is a trade off, X-zones have higher success rates but less tags, call it quality or whatever you want. Some areas are issued tags based on this and some areas are based on higher opportunity to hunt. I do not work with deer but that is my take on it, for what it is worth. I do not see the elk quotas being changed with the make up of the current Commission but you never know. It will be adopted on May 5 and we will know for sure after that. Good luck to everyone in the draw.

Joe

Tough crowd here:) Thanks for the updates. I'm kind of waiting on both results from the WY sheep draw (Realistic chance this year with my points) and the approved tag quotas to decide and apply. Both should be out next week...I like the on line applications much better than mail in.

Well, I did mine perfectly, and got my stuff in the mail yesterday. However, I totally screwed up my son's activation somehow. I hope if I call DFG they can wipe it clean so I can start over!!! Any thoughts on this? Don, besides me being a retard. lol pc

You will have to call......set your phone on speaker and grab a good book.......you WON'T be the only guy on there Monday.

I can' t remember them over riding proposed
Numbers exception of a Doe hunt....
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Online app is in. Quick and painless, I was done in 5 minutes. Now if deer hunting was that easy :) lol

LOL!!!! just got my Hunting license in the mail. That sucker is almost 5 feet long!!!! I must of paid by the foot seening how much i payed for it.

Tuleelk,
How can you stand to work for such a screwed up agency.I had a question and called the number provided for the licensing branch,left a message as instructed, with brief details and call back number,that was three weeks ago......still waiting!

Yet I could call anyone of the other 12 states I apply for and ALWAYS get to speak to someone to answer questions. Fine, fine agency. the appitamy of a well oiled machine.

Oh ya and since the weeks has gone by, I called four other numbers left messages, NO CALL BACK and even spoke to two lady's who didnt have a clue. "oh, well I dont deal in that department, can you call this number and leave a message." HAHA joke from start to finish.

let me know what numbers you called and I will look into it. I obviously have no control of other Departments but can make them aware of what is going on.

you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Joe

If you let me know which numbers I can look into it. some times people have called old numbers, wrong numbers etc. I have had people leave me phone numbers with no area code, or an area code and 5 digits, call from cell phones that I could not understand because it was breaking up etc. Not saying that happened here but it does happen on a regular basis. Let me know I all I can do is try to see what exactly happened.

Joe

I was really surprised at how easy the system was but for the life of me cant figure out why the price goes up a good 10% every year. Also funny how the license is close to 5 feet long

Joe,
I called the main license branch number left several messages(916)928-5805. I also called (916)928-5814, (916)928-5827, (916)928-7414 and (916)445-3418 and spoke to "Katrina" she didnt know anything but at least I actually got to speak to a person and she tried, which seems to be a rarity in CA F&G. Have you ever called a biologist, they never get back to because "were always busy in the field".....but when you do speak to one its loads of fun, very informative and very helpful. They must read straight from the digest booklet. All the time they spend in the field and the current deer management program (I use that very losely) is all that they can come up with...........

To sum it up California is a broken system.....the numbers speak for themselves, deer populations,harvest rates, predetors ect..how many non-residents apply annually. I sure as heck wouldnt waste a dime.

Muleyczy

The first number is the main line for LRB. The next three 928 numbers are employees of LRB, two of which I haver never worked with on anything or even knew their names. Katrina is our receptionist at HQ, depending on your question she would have directed you to staff. We currently do not have a deer coordinator as he took another position in a different branch. Someone should have called you back, no excuse there. Not sure what information you want, but give me a call and I will try to help you. I will be the first to admit that our system is not perfect but there is a lot more going on that most people realize. California is a complex and diverse state with lots of people. We do not control the habitat so to a very large degree we deal with what we are given. It is never as simple as one would like to believe.

Joe

916 445-9992

You seem like a good guy, Joe. Nice to see you on here.

Steve

Joe,
I appreciate you taking the time to look it this, you put yourself out there and you didnt need to, I appreciate that you tried to help. I had my question answered and was more irritate on principal than anything that they "ask" you to leave a message, so I do, several of them, and still to this day have yet to get a call back. If a privately ran business operated like this then it would have gone bankrupt several times over, due a severe lack of concern for customer service.

I realize that California is complex and diverse state but at some point I think that its the job of fish and game to make decisions that directly support wildlife and not the "nay sayers" or the "anti's" however California cant break that hold becasue its ran by a bunch of...well I wont say. Didnt California want to increase bear harvest numbers last year? what happened to that? My point exactly!

But, thanks for you time Joe.

JOE......THE NEW ALDS SYSTEM IS A WINNER. FAST, ACCURATE, TIME SAVER,.....NO STAMPS,ENVELOPES, I WAS IN & OUT. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO EXPLAIN A FEW THINGS ON MM......TAKE CARE......YD.

tuleelk,

Joe, I called one number and was told that I had called main HQ so she gave me another number to call with my question a week ago.
The second number I called I got a "very unfriendly" voice and I asked her when I was suppose to get my "real Hunting License in the mail". She replied, "it will be 15 working days" in a gruff voice....like I was bothering her. Well here it is now 20 working days and still nothing.

It was just her attitude that ticked me off...probably had to get back to her book or granola bar that was more important I guess.

Brian

I had a nice experience getting my license and applying for draw tags today. I went down to a local store, they used my Fishing license to find me in their puter, a few questions about what i wanted to put in for followed by their keyboard clicks here and there... $97.+ later, i was done.

The whole thing couldn't have taken 5 minutes. I usually spend a hr or 2 pouring over the directions and individual apps to be sure that all the t"s are crossed and I's are dotted. Heaven forbid a mistake!!

So far, so good. I'm hoping that this system proves out to be secure and trustworthy. Thanks!!

Joey

I ain't giving them any money this year.

If the anti-gun bills pass next week, none of us will be hunting with rifles and I don't own a bow, or muzzy.

The dumbass bullet proof vest bill is on again and it ain't lookin' good.

Register long guns, no ammo by mail and doubled fees for background checks.

Closing the entire condor range to ANY hunting.

Just exactly who do these "limb lickers" think is going to pay for the wildlife in this state when there are no hunters?

Did my application with no problem, went to do my wifes and apply her as a group with me for deer and when it asked for group number I used my go ID, well this didnt work and now I do not know how to get her on my application. Anyone her know?

>I ain't giving them any money
>this year.
>
> If the anti-gun bills pass
>next week, none of us
>will be hunting with rifles
>and I don't own a
>bow, or muzzy.
>
>The dumbass bullet proof vest bill
>is on again and it
>ain't lookin' good.
>
> Register long guns, no ammo
>by mail and doubled fees
>for background checks.
>
> Closing the entire condor range
>to ANY hunting.
>
> Just exactly who do these
>"limb lickers" think is going
>to pay for the wildlife
>in this state when there
>are no hunters?
>
>"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much
>of a crime"

I'm about to open a season on Condor's ! tired of this sshit.

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Buckmaster,
You have to call Fish and Game HQ in Sacramento, 1-916-928-5805. They can look it up and give it to you takes about 30 seconds, but takes about four weeks to get through to someone who cares. If you read my past posts this is what my problem was when I called. Good Luck!!
Muleyczy

>Did my application with no problem,
>went to do my wifes
>and apply her as a
>group with me for deer
>and when it asked for
>group number I used my
>go ID, well this didnt
>work and now I do
>not know how to get
>her on my application. Anyone
>her know?

She can join your party by entering your party number when prompted as you are purchasing her first deer tag application. Your party number is located on your big game drawing receipt. If you cannot locate the party number, call me and I will help you.

Glenn Underwood
Department of Fish and Game
License Program Analyst
(916) 928-5841

I just left a message on Glenn's answering machine in his office asking why I still have not received my Permanant Hunting License in the mail as it has now been 6 work weeks since I did all my apps online.

Anyone else still waiting for their permanant Hunting License???

Brian

Brian - I received your message and called you, but you weren't in. I gave your information to Brent George who will contact you and get a new license shipped to you.

Have a good day!

Glenn

Thanks Glenn, yes the wife said you called while I was at the store. Guess I should have sent you my cell number as well.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom